LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Category_Code=GT&Product_Code=GT5003

Anyone have any reports on this system?

Three questions.

One - Whats the routing underneath? Still two pipes all the way back or do we have a crossover?

Two - Whats the performance gain if any?

Three - Whats the body work needed for the other exhaust opening and does the kit also include all the underbody stuff needed fascia wise, or does it look like a hack job. I'm kind of hesitant to not see an underside shot of this before buying.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i believe PFYC told me that you can either cut out the knotch on the right side, or they will have a replacment fascia.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'd do the replacement fascia. That bottom ground effect on the bumper isn't an add on piece like many body kits, it's all one piece with the bumper. Underneath the car there is a whole bunch of plastic coverage too that either needs to be removed OR cut appropriately.

Once the aesthetic issues are addressed, routing the piping isn't an issue, just mimmic the way they go over the axle and out an the driver's side onto the passenger side.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh, thanks. Answers none of the questions there either :)
Basically trying to figure out what else would have to get put into or pulled out from the car. There is a bunch of aerodynamic plastic in the back quarter. Are we pulling that and replacing it? Building a custom piece etc.

I'm probably going to go with the stock borla cat back and then go with bolt on headers, but we'll see. I was just curious about how this system flowed.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
That's what I was referring too. That shielding is simply popped into place with plastic retainers. I imagine in order to route anything to that side of the car will require it's removal.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Gotcha.

I'm half tempted to go take mine apart now. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts