LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
9 Second Club
14,786 Posts
GotTogO said:
Does anybody know about how much a tune alone will gain in ET on a stock 04 M6?
I was consistently running 9.1 1/8th miles and my first tune with LT Headers put me at 8.5. I had gone from around 290 rwhp to 330. There was a lot of driving experience gained there too though and a lot of supsension work. I'm gonna guess you could expect 2-3 tenths worse case, may 4-5 best case.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its interesting how you put it. I didn't really see but a 2 tenth improvement after mild tuning. But I had been racing for a while and was thinking my driving experience played a part in it too. You seem to back up my suspicions.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Yeah well tuning can help with a variety of things. Just to make sure its working the way it should be, not sure, but I think the 04 M6's have torque management. I took it out, and its helping me.

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
i think it depends on your tuner.... (as in the guy behind the computer)

·
Controlled Insanity
287 Posts
This was my experience:

w/ LPE CAI and Ported TB I made 302whp and was running 13.71 @ 104 w/ a 2.07 60'.

w/ same as above and tuning I made 322whp and was running 13.19 @108 w/ a 1.98 60'.

So, I picked up about 20whp and dropped 5 tenths. I have a friend who is a pretty good tuner and the car ran amazing once he was done with it. I would say you could expect anywhere from 2 - 4 tenths from the tune itself, depending on how out of whack your factory tune was to begin with.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
depends on how bad your stock tune is, and how good your new tune is.
A tune wont do much for a stock factory freak, but for most cars it can help. The biggest thing you will notice is overall improvements. Better mpg, more power, better driveability.

The more mods you make, the more difference the tune makes.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i got about 2/10ths after tuning. 5/10ths from stock after headers, intake and a retune

1 - 8 of 8 Posts