LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got thru reading an article at autoweek.com that talks about the use of the "Judge" name and other stuff. It was interesting to me to note that the GTO Program Exec is aware of this site and mentioned it, though not naming the site. Well, sir, let me make a few short suggestions since I know you are reading this; first, when a prospective buyer gives you a check, and subsequently gets an order number, please do not sour that relationship by not providing him with a TPW in as timely a manner as possible (allowing him to partake of the aforesaid tracking process); secondly, so as not to be perceived as gougers (or worse), settle on an MSRP yesterday and publish it so we can get thru this waiting crap with as little acid reflux as possible. Thirdly, be aware there are probably many of us who would have preferred the car be manufactured in the US but know your next generation GTO will be (along with the new Chevelle). Finally, not all of us are enamoured with fake scoops, wings, flat black decals or any of that other Fast/Furious addon garbage and appreciate a clean design (note: clean design does not mean sharp edges that make cars look like they are manufacured by Kenmore, Im not mentioning any names but it rhymes with batilac)... I digress.... RWD, V8 coupe; repeat RWD V8 coupe. Please pass this to all GM execs if you want to be number one again. By the way, you may note a series known as NASCAR is sort of popular. Maybe you could lobby to change the rules back to the late 60's when we didnt see RWD Taurus coupes ect...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't remember it being me but what else is new. It is a good idea though. I don't think he calls the shots so he might not have anything to say. I wish they would be up front with whatever they are doing. We're tough. We can take it.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
227 Posts
GTOJIM:

Seeing that you have not received a TPW from your dealer this means that he 1) has used up all of his allocation or 2) the order hasn't been picked by GM yet. Every Tuesday the GM VOMS (vehicle Order Management Systems) polls the dealers order banks and pulls orders that the dealer has allocation for. For instance if a dealer on X week has allocation for two GTO orders the oldest two orders in the dealers order bank will be pulled and assigned a TPW. Just becuase you have an order number doesn't guarantee that your car will be built.

I ordered my car from a personal friend that owns the dealership. He was given allocation for only one GTO for the 2004 model year. This ended up being my car. He has also entered and order for a car for himself. This order has been assigned an order number but no TPW. He has been lobbying he dealer rep to give him allocation for his car and so far he has gotten know where.

If I were you I would be making sure that your dealer has or will get the allocation for your car to be built. This is nothing new for dealers, they know the rules.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey big wig guy that's watching us. Don't put a big ass chicken on the hood, and nix the idea of contacing Onstar via CB radio. That was me and Jerry's idea. Frog says hi. Signed Bert Reynolds:mullet: :mullet:

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a sitrep: Dropped by Sewell to make inquiries and met Jason, the young fellow who is doing (with others?) the order tracking for the site. Jason was helpful, and took the time to explain the situation pretty much as described above. It was clear to me he is enjoying the tracking thing and I mentioned to him Im sure the higher-ups at GM are well aware of his activities and damn glad they have a car guy on staff who understands the net. I shall make new attempts to be patient awaiting my TPW, shipping info, MSRP, delivery date and of course whatever the insurance rates are going to be!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
GTOJim said:
Just got thru reading an article at autoweek.com that talks about the use of the "Judge" name and other stuff. It was interesting to me to note that the GTO Program Exec is aware of this site and mentioned it, though not naming the site. Well, sir, let me make a few short suggestions since I know you are reading this; first, when a prospective buyer gives you a check, and subsequently gets an order number, please do not sour that relationship by not providing him with a TPW in as timely a manner as possible (allowing him to partake of the aforesaid tracking process); secondly, so as not to be perceived as gougers (or worse), settle on an MSRP yesterday and publish it so we can get thru this waiting crap with as little acid reflux as possible. Thirdly, be aware there are probably many of us who would have preferred the car be manufactured in the US but know your next generation GTO will be (along with the new Chevelle). Finally, not all of us are enamoured with fake scoops, wings, flat black decals or any of that other Fast/Furious addon garbage and appreciate a clean design (note: clean design does not mean sharp edges that make cars look like they are manufacured by Kenmore, Im not mentioning any names but it rhymes with batilac)... I digress.... RWD, V8 coupe; repeat RWD V8 coupe. Please pass this to all GM execs if you want to be number one again. By the way, you may note a series known as NASCAR is sort of popular. Maybe you could lobby to change the rules back to the late 60's when we didnt see RWD Taurus coupes ect...
1) Not uncommon. GMHTP, Super Chevy and others routinely mention and even feature personal friends and business I know personally. You know darn well, they're reading ALL these boards. The read LS1.com, LS1Tech, CZ28.com, etc, etc.

2) They aren't souring jack. Obviously you have ordered few GM cars. It simply takes time. People in this world are simply IMPATIENT! All your money down did was reserve you the right to a particular vehicle and give you first right of refusal. The money is fully refunded should either party back out.

3) What is the big deal with MSRP? We know it's going to be between $33k - 35k! If that $2k difference is enough to sway you, then you probably shouldn't be in the market for a GTO. It's not as if Pontiac is gonna pull the rug out from under us and drop a $40k tag on it!

4) There are LEGAL and COST issues associated with this at THIS point in time. Lutz wanted the car NOW and not wait until they got all their ducks here together to build it! If that were the case, we might not even be lucky enough to have the option to get the one we currently are getting. And it will be more than the Malibu/Chevelle. The next gen Monte/Impala will be RWD and V8 powered and even an El Camino with a BBC option has been toyed with. It's simply more cost effective at this time to continue assembling them the way they are now. So they're built offshore!?

5) While I agree with you on the clean design template for this car (that's one of the reasons I like it), I also like Cadillac's "crease and edge" design. Obviously the majority of general American consumers agree because Caddy is selling everyone of those "crease and edge" designed vehicles they can. At least around here anyway. It is proving to be a relatively successful design and even other manufacturers are picking up on it. Namely Infiniti/Nissan. If there weren't a $50+k price tag on that CTS-V, I'd be getting one of them instead of the GTO. If it were such an unpopular design, Caddy wouldn't be continuing to design it's future replacement for the STS and DeVille (if it should return) with that design theme.

6) NASCAR. There was also an old saying in NASCAR racing that was "Race Sunday, sell Monday." I.E. if all you have available is Taurus and current FWD Monte that meet NASCAR's size, weight, size class, and other rules, then that is what they'll race body wise. NASCAR isn't what it used to be, but it still is a BUSINESS and as such, they have to keep that BUSINESS running. The GTO I don't think, due to wheelbase requirements, would be eligible for NASCAR anyway.

These are just my $.02. GM IS listening to us, otherwise we wouldn't be getting the car we're currently getting (as well as the CTS-V) and it wouldn't be the genesis for the future products you're going to be seeing. GM is a HUGE ship. You can't just slam on the brakes and turn that big ship on a dime. It's a slow, sometimes complicated process but give them some time and positive feedback and they'll listen. One must also realize that we as performance enthusiasts in the automotive market are a minority. GM sells vehicles that have to hit a big target in terms of demographics, customer needs, customer wants, meet goevernment regulations (both safety and emissions) as well as meet certain realibility and serviceability requirements regardless of what model it may be. The GTO must meet the same criteria mentioned above as a Cavalier does. Kinda like having to be a jack of all trades, master of none.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
As one of the sheep I totally agree!!! BTW I looked up obsessive-compulsive in the dictionary and there was a frickin' mirror!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
LOL!

·
Registered
227 Posts
No flames after you read my post:

I'm excitied about getting my GTO but nearly as excited and crazy when I was waiting for my Firehawk.

NOW WHERE IS MY GTO!!!:D

·
Smug 5.0 Asshole
2,524 Posts
This shit stopped being funny about an hour ago.

·
Look at me.
2,833 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
Steel Chicken
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing