LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow.. this guy almost beat me. I pulled him but very slowly. Im all stock. 05 Gto.

He said he "boosted it up a little" whatever that means... I know it was supercharged but damn.

·
Registered
144 Posts
supercharged I think, probably had a smaller pulley.
Ever see the videos of the turbo diesel truck beat a srt 4 and wrx on streetfire? Awesome!

·
this town needs an enema
1,272 Posts
phillysrt4 said:
harley trucks are boosted stock?
Last model Harley Trucks had the same engine and tranny combo as the lightnings with the exception of the 4 doors and way better interior.

·
sincitygoats.com
4,827 Posts
^^^^^ what he said. harley d's trucks are lightnings in plush mode. beware. everything fits.

·
Registered
582 Posts
yes, lightings are lightning quick. i pulled up in a parking space next to one over the weekend at in-n-out burger on lankershim blvd. it was nice, gun grey metallic, pretty truck.

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
raced one w/ uppers/lower puleys and boltons boosting 17 psi and took him up to about 110

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
suprised the shit outta me. I never knew harley trucks were S/c'd until I couldnt shake his front bumper off my door.

sleeper much?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
sounds like you just need some mods. I would be embarrased if a truck hung with me but then again I realize they are fast. Nothing is better than putting some schmoe in their place cuz they think their cars is fast though..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a dark shadow gray 02 Harley, man I wish I had kept that truck. I sold it to a buddy when I left Northern California, but I know he babies it; so it has a good home.
I had a 6lb lower pulley, CAI and a predator tine on it; great truck. Here are some pics from Northern Cal.

Attachments

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
8MYDUST said:
Last model Harley Trucks had the same engine and tranny combo as the lightnings with the exception of the 4 doors and way better interior.

werd those things can be quick, but like the lightning it turns to a brick at triple digit speeds

·
GM Parts Guy Will this fix it
1,102 Posts
pharmdgto said:
sounds like you just need some mods. I would be embarrased if a truck hung with me but then again I realize they are fast. Nothing is better than putting some schmoe in their place cuz they think their cars is fast though..
I raced a Chevy Duramax last time at the track. The damm thing had me up to about the 1000 ft mark, then is was, by by trucker boy. I never saw him after that, but I was worried at first. I think he ran mid 15

·
Registered
251 Posts
The 03 and 04 Harleys were boosted. One of the guys in AZLOC had his Harley running in the 11's and it was still his daily driver. He swapped it out for a Lightning and put a Whipple on it. Now he has a faster 11 second truck but only two doors.

However as mentioned above they turn into a brick in the wind at about 80. I found that out playing with one of your GTO's on the highway. I ran about a second faster than him at the strip a couple weeks ago, I think he only ran low 13's but he still had me on the highway the first time we played. Just watch out for the Lightnings from a light. My truck runs the 1/8 in 7.78 in 95 degree heat with a 1.73 60 on street tires. Can't wait for the cooler air to get a good 1/4 time, only pulled 12.31 last week in the heat and that was with the 7.78 1/8. Smitty put us all down with that 10.90 he pulled off that night in the same heat. Dang that fast GTO :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Awesome and powerful engine wasted on a 4800-5200lb pickemup truck..
Mine is 4,916 lb with 1/2 tank of gas, my wifes purse and me in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts