LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few people post about Facebook Groups and how popular they are. Are these meant to be meet up type social networking gatherings? Is it searchable like a forum for information pertaining to modifying your car?

To be honest, never been a fan of it because of various reasons. Just curious if everyone here uses Facebook now that this site is defunct.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha... That's probably true.

·
Registered
577 Posts
depends on the page. That’s normally in the name or description. I’m in all of them that I don’t get banned from.
Mine is an actual meet page though.

·
Super Moderator
11,014 Posts
Fuck fAcebook and fuckerburg.

Never have been and never will have a fakebook account.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Yes it's searchable. In some ways it's a quicker way to get a question answered and certainly much easier to post pics from a mobile phone, but I don't like how it detracts from participation of old style forums.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am a Facebook survivor and recovering going on 4 years. Folks said it was so friggin great yada yada, I bought into it. The third time (in the 10 months I screwed around with it) I was in the FB concentration camp (for opinion and total lack of sugar coating) I realized that as long as I kept going back I was supporting the agenda, yea enabling it by being another one on the traffic count and a hypocrite not to mention a gd fool. FB has a lot bigger foot print that you may think, Many new computers come with it in the bloatware and it won't go away, it's legacy, like it or lump it. By my count there are nearly 400 registry entries associated with it. If you follow a link to someone's page (for whatever reason) FB knows all about you even though the account has been dead for years and all reference (that can be) deleted from your machine. I look at it like this; Should one have a product or service I am interested in but they have no site, just a FB page, I loose interest fast. I don't mind paying more to the guy who is running a ligitimet business. It's called Face Book because Faces Book is missleading and bad for business. Fuck them, they probably drive Fords.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I am a Facebook survivor and recovering going on 4 years. Folks said it was so friggin great yada yada, I bought into it. The third time (in the 10 months I screwed around with it) I was in the FB concentration camp (for opinion and total lack of sugar coating)
I wasn't going to mention it but I've been off FB for a couple months now, they completely deleted my account for what I assume was getting too many 30 day bans. Suits me just fine, I never liked all the personal information of mine being on there. I may rejoin at some point behind a VPN but at the moment I just can't be bothered, it's been really nice not spending so much time on there. Oops, I misspelled wasted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wasn't going to mention it but I've been off FB for a couple months now, they completely deleted my account for what I assume was getting too many 30 day bans. Suits me just fine, I never liked all the personal information of mine being on there. I may rejoin at some point behind a VPN but at the moment I just can't be bothered, it's been really nice not spending so much time on there. Oops, I misspelled wasted.
You said it; waste of time and intrusive as hell. The one way censorship is what pisses me off. Want someone off for any reason at all? Go whinning to the FB nazis, "We try to make FB a safe place for everyone" Kiss my ass fer christ sake, long as I can't get my hands on any of you sons a bitches yer as safe as it's gonna get. I'm sending a case of KY, a hand mirror and a greeting card says "Fuck me?" "No, fuck you"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts