LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
48,501 Posts
I'm assuming yours had an automatic transmission. Until their recent 10-speed auto Honda's automatics have always been underwhelming. Also, the J-series V6 begs for and shines with a manual. When I was looking to buy, I drove two identical cars other than one being an automatic and one being a manual. Pretty much a night and day difference. If automatics had been the only choice I would have shopped elsewhere, the manual sealed the deal though and really lets the V6 show off its capabilities.
it wasn't just the automatic, or the buggy VCM. (I knew the automatic held it up big time--the car was a complete dog). It was the complete lack of aftermarket support, at least at the time, and the lack of mod potential. The head design is not conducive to modding.

If i had to choose a honda engine, i would rather have a turbo k-series motor.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
The B18c and K20a2 were both a blast to drive. Granted youre always revving them out but in a 2500lb car they moved decently well.

I had a 93 integra with the K swap right before the gto for roadcourse

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any GM dealer can set the correct mileage to a brand new cluster.

That said, follow Rich’s recommendation first, then give Bohnman a holler if that doesn’t work. He can replace the bad screen with a known good one.
When I took a new cluster to a GM dealership they were unable to program it.

·
GTO Fo Sho!
10,587 Posts
Can you program a new cluster via the vz cluster mod programs?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts