LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the difference between a speeding ticket and a failure to obey posted signs ticket is in NY state? Are they both moving violations?

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Ask Raze or the newly appointed NSOFOKLES, he has the book right under his pillow

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
One is disobeying a traffic control device and is 2 points the other is usually 4 points. They're both moving violations. I assume you got a ticket? What is the exact statute written on it?

·
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, just pulled it out of my car, here's what it says:
"Failure to obey traffic control device"

But it also states the speed I was traveling, and what the speed zone was, so I'm not sure if this is similar to a stop sign ticket, or if it counts as a speeding ticket too.

Ususally I just would get a speeding ticket, but this guy said he was giving me a break, though he still wrote the speed, so I dunno what it counts as lol

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
HotRodKush said:

But it also states the speed I was traveling, and what the speed zone was, so I'm not sure if this is similar to a stop sign ticket, or if it counts as a speeding ticket too.

Ususally I just would get a speeding ticket, but this guy said he was giving me a break, though he still wrote the speed, so I dunno what it counts as lol
If you're coming to Cunningham tonight, bring it with you.

·
we are just visiting
364 Posts
It probably means you were speeding, but the friendly trooper didnt clock you how fast you were speeding. I think thats what it means. Youre lucky, it couldve been a worse....... Ticket: Equipment failure, having an American engine in an Australian car.

j/k

:drink: :drink: :drink: 10.06.06 is near

·
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not gonna be back home until the Montauk cruise, but I think I gotta go pay the ticket before that.

Oh well, guess I'll just find out what the deal is when I go to the courthouse...

Thanks for the help guys, at least it's not as bad as a speeding ticket...finally got all my speeding tickets off my record about 6 months ago, been doing well until I got this car hahaha

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
my first ticket ever was in PA for that exact thing failure to obey as supposed to speeding, cool ass cop, I dont know about NY law but in PA and NJ that is a NO point ticket just the fine.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
HotRodKush said:

Yup, that's the two pointer.

1,625 Posts
I had a plea bargain in NJ from a speeding to a disobeying speed sign. I was told it was from a 2 point ticket to no points. After I got a speeding ticket in VA, I realized that any out of NY ticket will not show on your lisence. The only 2 places NY accepts points from ar quebeck and ontario. They are not even in the US. I dont get it, but love NY for it. Basically your insurance will not find out you have moving violations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Speeding....?????

Well....I've had my GTO up to 155mph......wonder what the cop would do if he clocked my at that speed......probably go to jail!!!:bomb: .....so far I've been lucky:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts