LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty happy with the stock set up. However, I am considering the dual split exhaust to balance the look. I am not really fond of the coffee can single tip of the 2005's. I would prefer a quad tip set up.

My question is, how do I go about cutting out the bumper on the right side and installing non functional dual slanted stock exhaust tips on the other side purely for cosmetic purposes only. Nobody would know unless you put the car up on a lift.

Would a regular muffler shop or even a Pontiac dealer be able to do this?

I heard that the goat they used in the The Last Ride movie premier that was on display had fake exhaust tips on the other side.

Thanks.

·
2004 GTO IBM/Blue m6
316 Posts
I have also thought about doing this, but I would only do it if I decided to go with an aftermarket exhaust. I think a new set of duals exiting on both sides with a set of stock tips, reversed of course for the passenger side of the car, would look sweet. The tips on the '05's look too big and out of proportion with the car IMO.

·
Is that FWD?
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Good one. In my most serious tone-------I love the uniqueness of the duals coming out on one side. By definition wouldn't putting fake tips be classified as "Ricer". In response to your question "how do I go about cutting out the bumper on the right side and installing non functional dual slanted stock exhaust tips on the other side purely for cosmetic purposes only. Nobody would know unless you put the car up on a lift." Hack saw, We would know!!

:drink::drink:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I feel the tips would be like when i was looking at putting Lund scoops on my GTO. please go with the real deal. I am with the 05 hood. get a 05 exaust or a aftermarket and put it on please. NO fack stuff.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would it be ricer?

Ricer to me is trying to claim the 4-6-8 banger you have actually has more horsepower than it actually does. The GTO has TRUE dual exhausts but they both exit on one side. I was just considering an 'appearance" mod which is why I placed this thread in the appearance forum. I am not trying to pass the car as having true dual exhausts because guess what, it already does!

Ricer to me would be trying to install dual exhausts on a V6 Camaro trying to pass it off as a Z28 or putting 2 exhaust tips on a V6 Mustang trying to make it look like a Mustang V8 GT.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sorry I thought you were joking. I don't see myself putting fake appearance mods on anything. Kind of like wearing falsies.
:drink::drink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts