LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday at the Finals in Pomona will be the last race for the factory supported Pro Stock GTOs. The new P/S G6 is scheduled to debut at the 2008 Winternationals. The little GTO hit the ground running when Greg Anderson qualified #1 at its first race, Denver 2005. A P/S GTO has entered 56 races total and his won half - an amazing 28 races going into the Finals this weekend. Greg won the 2005 Championship and Jason Line the 2006 title. Tomorrow Greg has a chance to win the GTO's third and last title along with its 29th race. It's been an amazing run and I'll be sorry to see the car leave.

Good luck, Greg! Win that title!

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
it may not be factory sponsored any more but can the gto run in pro stock for 5 years after production has ended Right?

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it may not be factory sponsored any more but can the gto run in pro stock for 5 years after production has ended Right?
Big D, you are correct. They'll probably be a number of privateer/non-factory supported GTOs out there. Plus, they'll be many running in the sportsman classes. Still kinda sad to see the little GTO being replaced. It's been a great car for the P/S guys... well... unless maybe not to the Mopar P/S guys. :D

·
Omertà
5,291 Posts
Big D, you are correct. They'll probably be a number of privateer/non-factory supported GTOs out there. Plus, they'll be many running in the sportsman classes. Still kinda sad to see the little GTO being replaced. It's been a great car for the P/S guys... well... unless maybe not to the Mopar P/S guys. :D
+1. It's been great to watch the GTO win in P/S over the past few years. Hate to see it end.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Plus, they'll be many running in the sportsman classes. Still kinda sad to see the little GTO being replaced. It's been a great car for the P/S guys... well... unless maybe not to the Mopar P/S guys. :D
Very true!! We'll be looking for a Ex-P/S goat this off season to add to our coral. Gonna run it in Top Sportsman and some Super Gas.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Did I pass you on the way to vegas last week???? (thursday) Saw a trailer with 24k on the trailer and new Id seen it somewhere.
Paul

Very true!! We'll be looking for a Ex-P/S goat this off season to add to our coral. Gonna run it in Top Sportsman and some Super Gas.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Did I pass you on the way to vegas last week???? (thursday) Saw a trailer with 24k on the trailer and new Id seen it somewhere.
Paul
:secret: SSSHHHHHHHH!!!

·
10 Second All Motor Club
1,821 Posts
I'm glad Jeg won he is very cool guy.. Sucks no more GTO's G6 is a drive to work car for the wife not a race car FTMFL !!
Hmmmm.... My GTO is my drive to work car... and I'm a "wife".... ;)

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a rendering or a photo of the new G6 Pro Stock? Just curious how they will look.
No pics so far. There is one under construction at Don Ness Racecraft in MN. Not sure how far along they are or who it will be for. Testing begins in 8 weeks so something has to break between then and now.

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
I understand that some may be at odds with GM's decision to go with the G6 and continue to use the Colbalt to boot. It's all about the Corp and what they feel will help bring in the money.

Yes I would love to have seen another GTO championship, but good on Jeg FTW.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I almost got a gto before the top dragster set up that I am running then I remb. That real racecars dont have doors lol. I love the GTO p/s car I just wish there was more out there. I would like to see a mustang even though I dont like them just to change it up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts