1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
You can do the same thing with two senors from innovate motorsports and the new aeroforcetech gauges, plus then you get the rest of the features with the aeroforce. The price comes out to be just about the same though

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to dig up this thread just to see if anyone has more info on this.

Still considering either setup.

Dual LC-1's and Aeroforce gagues and PFYC pod Approx ($765)
or
the FAST setup ($450)

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
topperge said:
You can do the same thing with two senors from innovate motorsports and the new aeroforcetech gauges, plus then you get the rest of the features with the aeroforce. The price comes out to be just about the same though
Topperge/Radkon - are you saying you can intergrate the innovate system into the aeroforce gauges for a read out? If so - how? I am looking to buy a wide band and already have the areoforce gauges.

Steve

·
Fastest GTO in NL
106 Posts
I have the FAST kit, but only bought the single sensor version they have (you can always buy the second sensor down the road since they both share the exact same head unit). It's great for a quick check of AFR.

Pros:
-Portability. The reason I bought the kit is that it's completely portable. The power source goes into a regular car lighter plug, so you can quickly switch it to another vehicle and get readings.
-No mounting/wiring required
-Internal Log. It has its own internal log that can be played back.
-Uses inexpensive Bosch sensor, so eventual replacement will be cheap.

Cons:
-It doesn't output a 0-5v signal, so you can't hook it up to a EIO on an HPTuner set-up.
-It doesn't have any sort of input for RPM.

Overall, I just use it for WOT tuning/tweaking purposes. On my "dyno" road, I just log AFR with it (plus HPTuners Scanner on separate laptop) and play back the log safely at the end of the run.

·
Mid-Atlantic Moderator
2,048 Posts
I should finally have mine all setup within the next week. The new Aeroforce gauges have a 5v analog input on the back of them that can be calibrated for the LC-1s. I chose to get the Autoform 3 gauge pod so I could have a third gauge for fuel pressure. The LC-1s have two outputs on each of them so I can directly hook them up to HPTuners as well for real time monitoring.

This only works with version 2 of the aeroforces.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
camarodoctor said:
Cons:
-It doesn't output a 0-5v signal, so you can't hook it up to a EIO on an HPTuner set-up.
Funny the instruction manual says otherwise
http://www.fuelairspark.com/Base/InstructionFiles/airFuelMeter170450.pdf

Advanced Options
Analog Output Mode:
High Res Mode:
This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal. Certain digital gauges and data acquisition systems use this type of signal.
I'm a little concerned about the cig lighter power option. I'd like to hardwire it somewhere.

·
Fastest GTO in NL
106 Posts
radkon said:
I'm a little concerned about the cig lighter power option. I'd like to hardwire it somewhere.
If you want to hardwire a WB sensor in, don't waste your money on this kit. Just get one of the other excellent solutions. I only picked up this kit because I will be tuning more than one car (my GTO here and others when I travel back to the States) and the portability and simplicity of this system for me far outweighs any perceived disadvantages IMO. It even comes with a nice carrying case.

HAH! I never even read my manual! I just plugged it in and screwed it in the bung. Sure enough, there are a couple of wires shrink-wrapped into the end of the connector to the meter (that I somehow overlooked, I guess). Indeed you can use it to log on a computer, although you would likely need to program a nice PID in HPTuners to give you a reference signal of 0-5 V since 0-4.096 V isn't quite the same. Go figure.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
topperge said:
I should finally have mine all setup within the next week. The new Aeroforce gauges have a 5v analog input on the back of them that can be calibrated for the LC-1s. I chose to get the Autoform 3 gauge pod so I could have a third gauge for fuel pressure. The LC-1s have two outputs on each of them so I can directly hook them up to HPTuners as well for real time monitoring.

This only works with version 2 of the aeroforces.
Thanks boss - as usual - I am a day late & a dollar short - I have the 1st version - figures.

Are you guys putting in a seperate bung or using the innovate wide band O2 to simulate a narrow band also for the computer in the normal narrow band bung?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.