1,185 Posts

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
damn...pretty fast when its running!

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
WOW, looks to be a very fast car. I may go buy one for a project car, AWD and lots of boost, fun times, all until the rods come flying through the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
ha I doubt that was a mid 12 sec dsm! What makes me think so is the sound of the external wastegate, which means its t3/t4 style turbo on there (unless for whatever reason he put a external on a 14b/16g/18g setup), plus he passes that turbo s2k like its standing still

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
damn that car was pretty quick, prolly more like a mid to low 11 second car. I always thought an AWD DSM would be the perfect DD

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
That's very similar to what my SCM61 480whp 92 GS-T sounded like. Good god I miss that sound. If only I had had the $$ for the APS kit for this car.....Mmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Video Description:
WyldKardz Talon TSi vs TransAm, STi, M3, Turbo S2000, Turbo 240sx, All motor Type-R, Modded EVO 9. BayAreaRacing.org

that's an impressive list of cars it kills. i will take a guess and bet that the Talon has a 20g or a Green turbo (which is a hybrid), is cammed up with 246s (thereabouts). btw, Talon is AWD. i'd say as well he's running a 1g block w/ a 2g head (2g bottom ends are not preferred, ie, crankwalk and the rods are weak). he's probably boosting anywhere between 15 and 20psi, and it looks like he's running a standalone unit as well.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
bonzelite said:
Video Description:
WyldKardz Talon TSi vs TransAm, STi, M3, Turbo S2000, Turbo 240sx, All motor Type-R, Modded EVO 9. BayAreaRacing.org

that's an impressive list of cars it kills. i will take a guess and bet that the Talon has a 20g or a Green turbo (which is a hybrid), is cammed up with 246s (thereabouts). btw, Talon is AWD. i'd say as well he's running a 1g block w/ a 2g head (2g bottom ends are not preferred, ie, crankwalk and the rods are weak). he's probably boosting anywhere between 15 and 20psi, and it looks like he's running a standalone unit as well.

Thats a 1ga dsm (1g dsm : 1 = pop up lights)

THose definately already come with 6 bolt bottom ends (stronger) Nobody with a 1g swaps a 2g head on it beacause the 1g heads have already larger ports on them. There are no 246 cams for dsms/evo, there are 264's and 272's and 280'd and I doubt he's running 264's, most likely 272's.

·
Registered
582 Posts
you're correct. i had it backwards all around. i get 246 and 264 mixed up because they both have a 4 and a 6 in them. and i know there is something on 2g that is preferred, like the MAF, but not the bottom end. sorry for misunderstanding.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
bonzelite said:
you're correct. i had it backwards all around. i get 246 and 264 mixed up because they both have a 4 and a 6 in them. and i know there is something on 2g that is preferred, like the MAF, but not the bottom end. sorry for misunderstanding.

Ya I could write a whoel damned paper on what key dsm parts one should have in his dsm! And that car has to be awd, you see when he sits down with taht t/a, there no wheelspin, just the 1g squat and poof its off.

mad 1g squat pics:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very Fast car, but still rice-a-roni

1 - 15 of 15 Posts