LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Who Cares? I've seen Honduhs run 9.20's in person at the local track. Maybe go post on a Honda board where they would get all wet. Doesnt impress me at all. Now if we were in 1999, those would be some fast ass ricer mobiles. Welcome to 2006 where every douchebag puts $20K into a tin can to make it run >10's.

·
Street Racer
437 Posts
how is that considered rice? that hatch would rip half the gto's on this site...
rice? wow....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
lokoo said:
how is that considered rice? that hatch would rip half the gto's on this site...
rice? wow....

So what? Look at those POS cars. Would you want to drive around in that on the street? I doubt it. Our cars are superior in so many ways...if we wanted to be that fast we could do it, no doubt.

·
O-H-I-O
746 Posts
TprGTO said:
http://69.16.204.105/car-movies/10-02-06page-Fast-Honda-Civics.htm
These sound like pissed off weed whackers, but they are fast.
Civics have always been great tuner cars. They are relatively inexpensive to purchase. To run in speeds comparable to GTO's takes alot. I think in the end, you have to look at what you really want to be in... a $10,000 (used)
Civic you spend $20,000+ to modify to go fast, or a $25,000 (used) GTO you spend about $5,000 to go Mach 1+....the choice is yours.

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
ohh quit all the yip yappin'. we all have something in common and thats to go fast. these replies makes me sick. "oh, he dusted me but my car looks better". "his car runs 10 sec, but it sounds like a fart can" these type of replies my friends are typical loser's reply. those big number screens at the end of the strip is not for how pretty your car looks.

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
dakrat has a point.

·
At the Poker Table
3,782 Posts
dakrat said:
ohh quit all the yip yappin'. we all have something in common and thats to go fast. these replies makes me sick. "oh, he dusted me but my car looks better". "his car runs 10 sec, but it sounds like a fart can" these type of replies my friends are typical loser's reply. those big number screens at the end of the strip is not for how pretty your car looks.

agreed, and I don't know where all you guys get your facts on how it's expensive to make a honda fast. A hatch w/ a b18C5 motor swap alone (no mods to the motor) is a mid 13 second car. A turbo b18c1 will cost you about 4-5K to build and will be good for mid 12's (with a mild build). Been there done that, i'm a huge domestic guy, but have tons of loves for imports (hondas included). Bottom line is, you beat a more expensive car you are stoked (while the tool of an owner says, well I still drive a ferrari, while you drive a gto). Who cares, fast is fast...I don't care what your car looks like, what's in it, what it sounds like. If you build a fast car, props to you.

My buddy and I once got beat by a geo storm in his 99 LS1 Camaro. Did we cry? No we laughed and gave much respect to the guy. I guess there are multiple types of gear heads. Those that only like one side, those that are well rounded, and those that think they know what's up.

·
Just a Re-engineered Cavalier
2,244 Posts
Rev limiter much?

I don't care how fast it is, it's still a Civic.

·
Registered
294 Posts
dakrat said:
Well then I guess myself and many others on this board are losers. Nice! :fawkdance

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dakrat said:
Are you disputing that these cars sound like pissed off hairdryers/weedwhackers? If you read what I wrote, I gave credit to the cars for being fast. As for the loser comment....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I give em props, and 9.2 for a fwd 4 banger is faast, no matter what you say. A honda that has >2.0l displacement going 9.2's is always fast in my book.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
How about the fact they need to turn the boost down to less than 18 psi to dive them around. If you boost the street leagal engines well over 25 psi for long. Good by bearings, and rings. Will toast the engines. the problem I see. The=y rip out the interiors, and asically are skating by as a street leagal car. Not to good for beating cars like ours that are mainly daly driven. Don't get me wrong. They are fast, and can be fast. But, they tunr off the power after 4th gear. No good for top speed racing.

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
Both cars could have been faster if they had better drivers. The first car overreved a gear and the second had a crappy launch.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
_.:LS1GTO:._ said:
Both cars could have been faster if they had better drivers. The first car overreved a gear and the second had a crappy launch.

And again we care because????

Right, we dont care. Why do people come to a GTO board and post up times on some shitty Civics. YES I admit they can be fast. Any car can be fast if you have enough money. As I said before, this post didnt open up anyones eyes...

WOW A Civic ran 10's HOLY CRAP. If this was in the 90's maybe. WELCOME TO 2006 where this is normal everyday shit. The car looks like shit, sounds like shit, and smells like shit. Take your posts over to hondatech.com and post them up. You will get the same responses... We've seen this a million times. Hell they will probably flame you for posting up cars that run high times. 10's is weaksauce. I smell a ricer in disguise here.:secret:

·
_.:LS1GTO:._
1,004 Posts
Flash99 said:
And again we care because????

Right, we dont care. Why do people come to a GTO board and post up times on some shitty Civics. YES I admit they can be fast. Any car can be fast if you have enough money. As I said before, this post didnt open up anyones eyes...

WOW A Civic ran 10's HOLY CRAP. If this was in the 90's maybe. WELCOME TO 2006 where this is normal everyday shit. The car looks like shit, sounds like shit, and smells like shit. Take your posts over to hondatech.com and post them up. You will get the same responses... We've seen this a million times. Hell they will probably flame you for posting up cars that run high times. 10's is weaksauce. I smell a ricer in disguise here.:secret:
Don't let the cars my garage or my love of cars fool you. Speed is Speed. A 10 second car is an accomplishment. I am a gearhead first and you have to give props where they are due. I would not race either one of them and if I had to guess...neither would you. Smell what you like that honda would still be a fast polished turd (maybe thats what you smell).

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
Tell the drivers to go clean the track toilets while somebody that can actually drive takes the car down the track. Also tell the douche with the hat that it's not THAT hard to stage... get out of the way. Even though the drivers were borderline retarded, I think they can see when a second set of lights light up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts