LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of my heavy unmodified 4 door sedan Australian version of the GTO (Commodore SS 2000 model). It's completely off the dial at over 150mph. It's only a 300hp version. Your's should kill this!

Luckily in Australian we've got a state that's got unlimited speed limits to test this!

Enjoy your GTOs.

ƒ.

(More pics available http://www.thehillfamily.id.au/photos/view_album.php?set_albumName=Our_car)

·
DOG
626 Posts
And which state would that be?

Last I heard, NT was still a territory and not a state.

Of course, the only thing you're going to hit out there is either Alice Springs, Darwin, or a roo.

If you're not in Adelaide its a LONG ass drive to open it up to those speeds, but then again, I'd probably do it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the oz geography lesson!

I live in Melbourne. So that's about a 1200 mile drive to unload. Then again, my new car is (gulp) a Ford Fairlane G220, I'm driving to Broome in December. I do it with all my new cars. The NT "testing ground".

Natralist lesson: Drive at that speed in the middle of the day and you won't see a roo. They come out at dusk - too hot during the day! :)

ƒ.:

·
DOG
626 Posts
flow_aus said:
Thanks for the oz geography lesson!

I live in Melbourne. So that's about a 1200 mile drive to unload. Then again, my new car is (gulp) a Ford Fairlane G220, I'm driving to Broome in December. I do it with all my new cars. The NT "testing ground".

Natralist lesson: Drive at that speed in the middle of the day and you won't see a roo. They come out at dusk - too hot during the day! :)

ƒ.:
True enough. 1200 miles to run flat out is a haul. At least you aren't coming from Sydney.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with Devil, i really like that color. Seen it on other cars around where I live and they all have one thing in common; fast as hell.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
DevilYellow said:
what color is that car?

it looks niiiiiiiiice
Tiger Mica

Holden for the SS has 4 or 5 basic colours, then for each series they have a "hero" colour. I.e current is the purple, before that a green colour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another Pic.

It's colour designation is "Tiger". Or in other words, Gold, Orange or as my mates say "Baby poo brown". :)

All gone now though. If anyone wants it I'll be auctioned at Fowles in 2 weeks (I think). www.fowles.com.au, although it's not on the site yet.

ƒ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For Ude-Lose who was after a pick of the new ride (G220):

OMG - I'm turning into an old man at the age of 27.

ƒ.

(It's a dark shot, but you can just make out the wild red and black leather interior...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts