LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
i cannot believe how bad that mustang got ripped apart ... this def. makes me think twice and raceing. thanks for the post ... Its sad the drivers made it fine but the passengers died.

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
No one had yet been charged Thursday in the accident, but the Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash as a homicide.
Sounds like some serious jail time is pending for the drivers...

·
I LOVE YOU PAP
864 Posts
damn, it split the car in half. that's a bad way to go. rip

·
Gone but not forgoten
186 Posts
i cant believe the driver walked away from that. and the sad part the camaro didnt look bad at all. i wonder just how fast they were going when he hit that concrete pole to split a car in half.

does indeed make you think about street racing

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
Tempernoi said:
thats horrible...and of course yet again no seat belts.
most/all fatal accident i hear/see, didnt wear seat belts. now, it makes me wonder if those damn seat belts fails and unbuckles itself on fat people?

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
Yeah it happened in tampa, the seatbelt thing Im pretty sure is why he died and not the driver, driver of the mustang is still in the hospital.

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
Dan00Hawk said:
Sounds like some serious jail time is pending for the drivers...
Vehicular manslaughter, and for Mohammed, having to live with the fact you killed your friend.

LR

Long ago here in Houston an Oiler lineman and his friend were racing in a Corvette one of them owned. He wrecked it on an overpass and the passenger was killed. The guy (Jeff Alm) jumped off the overpass to his death.

Be safe out there.

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
Yet in this very section there are guys bragging about racing to 160mph..

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Another reason not to even think about playing with someone else in the car. If you are going to be stupid. Just try and kill yourself. I test the limits in my car sometimes. But, never with anybody in the car. Though not worth hurting yourself. When you wind up like those two drivers. Not only jail time, but now a life time of regret. Sad for the person killed. Just a passenger.

·
FUTURE (NEW) VETTE OWNER
28 Posts
just keep it off the streets and highways and keep it at the racetracks. just like anything else, it's fun until someone gets hurt or killed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Reading the article, two things jumped out at me, high speeds on a road known to have bumps and potholes, and more importantly, no safety belts.

Street racing or not, combining high speeds on a shitty road, with no seat belts being worn is a recipe for disaster.

I go by these rules I made up, if a street fight must take place.

1. If at all possible, take it to the track. Plus its more humorous to bust you challengers ass in front of a large crowd of people.

2. If number one is not possible, drop the hammer, but do so on a street in decent condition you are familiar with, that is typically low/no traffic. Or option number two, dont bother to waste the gas on a rival on the prowl.

3. Safety belts, this is done the moment I get into the car. Should actually be number 1. Getting in any car without putting one on, regardless if its a GTO or a minivan, is just bad business.

4. Hunt solo. There no point in killing a passenger along with yourself if you screw up.

5. Never race in residential areas under any circumstances.

6. Never jump too rediculous above the speed limit (I typically call off a race 10 miles over the limit on a 45+ mph road). Considering the off-the-line power our GTOs get, we usually get our point across well before the speed limit is reached, making a 160mph run unnessessary.

7. Never race in traffic. If you need to weave in and out of traffic to race against an opponent, you probably shouldn't be racing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts