LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Goats from around Fayetteville going to the track here anytime this weekend? I'm planning on popping my drag cherry this weekend, and thought I would see if I would have any local Goats out there to mingle with.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where is the track around there? Next time I go to my parents place in shallotte I should check it out.

·
Cabra Rapida
388 Posts
Well once you do it and get hooked, check out the thread for the drag weekend. http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106568

The Nam' is a decent track from what I hear, just remember on your first time out, don't dump the clutch! Let it slip out by jerking your knee up steadily, especially on street tires. Also watch your shift point, around 6500 is where I was told to shift and it helps ( I was babying it my first couple times and had low traps ). Don't miss gears either, it sucks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TJT said:
Where is the track around there? Next time I go to my parents place in shallotte I should check it out.
The track is out by the Fayetteville Airport if you know where that is.
I'm gonna have to work on my technique for releasing the clutch and hooking up. I've also never attempted a burn out with a stick, so that could be interesting also. I plan on trying to play around in some hidden places around here a little bit before I head to the track.

·
Cabra Rapida
388 Posts
Heres what I do to burn-out. Pull just barely out of the water box, rev up to about 4-5000 rpms and dump it in first. Once you start spinning take your left foot off the clutch and lightly apply brakes while maintaining throttle. Too much brake will stall you, just give it enough to stop your forward motion..

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
So... anyone going tomorrow? Rockingham is not running tonight due to weather. And I was really wanting to run...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Lisa it is raining here now. Sunday forecast is more rain and thunder in the afternoon. Fayetteville is test and tune each Sunday from 1pm to 6pm let me know if anyone would like to go next Sunday.

·
3,874 Posts
I just called and got a recording that said Oct 8th there will be test n tune from 1-6. Anybody from Fayetteville? Does that sound right looking at the weather outside? I don't wanna drive 2+ hours unless I know for sure they're gonna run...

·
3,874 Posts
Ok... I'm still getting the same recording. I think I'm gonna head on over there. I have nothing else to do. I may get over there and find them closed but what the heck. It's an excuse to drive the goat. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you end up coming out to Fayetteville? I'm planning on going this weekend if weather holds out. I couldn't believe the weather was crappy all weekend here.

·
3,874 Posts
As a matter of fact, yes I did. I called at about 1pm and they were running so I figured what the heck. Drove all the way there just to have it start raining about 15 miles from Fayetteville. I cruised past an empty, closed down track. :( Oh well. I won't be able to make it this Sunday as it's my weekend to work, and I also may have yet another stripped wheel stud. :madsign3: Maybe next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts