LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6.0L of V8 Fun
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally feeling better I headed out this weekend looking for some fun :gears:

So over the weekend here is what I ran.

First off I found a new BMW 3 Series Convertible, no contest. He revs at me at a light, and quickly sees only my taillights.

Next we ran into some rice. This late 90's civic with the giant wing, body kit fart can, etc. After I blew his doors off he attempted the ricer fly by, which caused me to enforce the no fly by zone.

Finally I found something worth racing. A 1969 Camaro SS350. It sounded nice too. Found him pulling into Burger Hut at the same time as me, so I chatted whim him a bit. He had just finished restoring the car. He put a ZZ4/350 Crate Motor in the car, a 4.10 rear end with a Quafie LSD he said. It had the 4 speed manual tranny in it. Said he had not done any work on the engine yet it was still straight outa the box crate motor. So we agreed to go do a little race. Headed out of town to a nice deserted road, picked a nice telephone pole and drove back a 1/4 mile from there. Had my friend (Dan) give us the go and took off. Not sure how much I won by but Dan said it looked like about 4 lengths. It was a great run.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Cool! That last run sounds like fun. Love those 60's Camaros, they were the best looking I think.:patriot:

·
6.0L of V8 Fun
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I had to man. Recovering from the surgurey was a long process. Especially after I did something stupid and tore stiches.... So when I was well I HAD to go race.

·
get used to this sight
1,051 Posts
its not racing, its called comparative driving. that way its legal. you cant get a ticket for doing a science expirament

·
6.0L of V8 Fun
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rockin_Da_Goat said:
its not racing, its called "comparative driving"
:mswerd:

Hehe I like that

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Usually street driven restored older cars aren't very fast. It's the ones you see leaving the track you got to avoid. My dad's 69 with a 396 runs low 10s all motor, at full weight of 3500lbs. If it didn't have slicks on the back you'd think it's your average antique.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts