LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few here say they have done this. I know what it entails, but does anyone have the tool and has done it themselves?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyinlow said:
Eastwood makes a great tool, http://www.eastwood.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=6159&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=fender+roller

The old school way was to take a round piece of wood (wooden baseball bat) and get it in between the fender lip and tire. Then have someone rock the car back and forth. The tire will roll the bat and someone just has to apply leverage to the bat while rolling and it will roll your fender lip.
yep, and it cracks the paint too, especially without heat being applied.

I'll be damned if I pay that much for a 1 time tool. But I'd rent it from someone. Anyone know if this is a common tool owned by a body shop? My neighbor is a body man and I might be able to snag his.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
AMRAAM4 said:
yep, and it cracks the paint too, especially without heat being applied.

I'll be damned if I pay that much for a 1 time tool. But I'd rent it from someone. Anyone know if this is a common tool owned by a body shop? My neighbor is a body man and I might be able to snag his.
There are places online that will send you the tool for so long and you pay x amount to borrow it...Search the forums, you'll find it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
call Barry at bigwheels.net, he'll let you borrow the tool for the cost of shipping and a deposit of $350. At least he did for me, and then refunded the deposit when I sent it back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just rolled the fenders (guards) on my race car and no paint was cracked or chipped. We have used an aluminium baseball bat on several cars and so far no cracked paintwork if you are careful.
If you use a standard wheel to do this, the gap between the tyre and fender is a little larger therefore less chance of damage to the paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts