LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to go to 275... missing big rubber from my T/As. So, rolled or cut, how much, who does it, and any bf/after pics???

·
Achtung!
3,893 Posts
What wheels, offset, tire are you planning on using?

My fenders are rolled completely flat with a 9.5" 45 offset 18" wheel. 275 BFG drag radials still rubbed. 265 KDWs fit like a dream with no rub.

Better yet... :search: and come to your own conclusion.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,419 Posts
I left 1/4". Took 20 minutes for both sides. Smoothed up the cut with a 4.5" flap disc and painted the edge with touch up paint. I'd never fold it over. Even with heat things can get way uglier.

Heres a terrible pic of mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how wide of tires are you able to fit in there with leaving 1/4'?
Anyone botched a roll and have some "what not to do advice"?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Go with Nitto 555 and no fender alterations are req'd. YOu can fit a 275 no problems. Everybody is doing it.
Face!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Go with Nitto 555 and no fender alterations are req'd. YOu can fit a 275 no problems. Everybody is doing it.
Face!
With what offset? Hopefully 45mm! I also have 5/16 raise springs

·
I hear twins are fun....
659 Posts
Did it myself - took about 1.5hrs start to finish taking my time. There are a couple of guys on the forum renting rollers. I have one I'll "loan" out for a donation plus shipping and a deposit.

·
1 of 40,757
6,419 Posts
looks good. I guess if you do a little at a time and keep everything warm it turns out good. The layers of metal are pretty thick though.

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
Did it myself - took about 1.5hrs start to finish taking my time. There are a couple of guys on the forum renting rollers. I have one I'll "loan" out for a donation plus shipping and a deposit.

WOW! That's rolled like a sardine can!
You don't have ANY deflection/rippling in the little flat 1 1/2" band of the quarter panel that outlines the wheel arch?

·
I hear twins are fun....
659 Posts
WOW! That's rolled like a sardine can!
You don't have ANY deflection/rippling in the little flat 1 1/2" band of the quarter panel that outlines the wheel arch?
No - I was VERY careful to fully heat the metal evenly as I rolled a little at a time.

·
'05 PBM M6/K3 GSX-R1000
248 Posts
Face!

What about the General Exclaim UHP 275/40ZR17's?

Will those fit in the back, on stock 17" wheels with no modifications as well?

--Setherial

·
Omertà
5,298 Posts
Grinded mine with no problems. The lips remains as it came from the factory...just shorter.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
Grinded mine with no problems. The lips remains as it came from the factory...just shorter.
that's ground...LOL...sorry, I'm not usually a spelling ****, but I just had to do it this time:gr_jest:

also, he ground his quarters, not his fenders:banghead:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts