LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quickie version: Smoked a Ferrari 308 from 80-125 mph no contest.

Long version:

So I was truly MMOB, cruising home tonight at about 3:10 am doing the appropriate 65 mph on the interstate... I had had a long night at a building I'm working on.. When, up an adjacent on-ramp rolls a red Ferrari. Since I'm not a Ferrari expert, I'm going to put this as a mid-80's 308. He accellerated up to about 80 mph. I gassed it, and caught up to pace him. I stuck a fender out in front of him to let him see the rear of the goat so he knew I wasn't some loser in a cavalier :gr_devil: We stayed there for about a half mile that way, still MMOB waiting to see if he was interested.

Apparently he was. The car was kind of quiet, so I didn't realize that he had hit it and he put about 2 or 3 lengths on me before I could react. As soon as I hit it I started reeling him in, and by about 120-125 I had 2 or 3 on him.

We screwed around for another couple of miles before he did a ricer type fly-by as I was getting over to hit my exit.

Certainly, not the fastest Ferrari ever built, (3.0 V8) but hey how often can you say you got the chance to stretch a gear with one.

I have to say that the hideousnes of that car will haunt my dreams forever... What an ugly pasta ride.

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
I too, was surprised at the weakness of such an expensive machine. I raced a drop top '97 F355 from stop lights 3 times and took him each time. Not as handidly as you did, and I think he'd have lost me around 110 or so. But from a dig see ya later!!

The F355 had 370 HP (but at like 5,000 rpms) but only 250 ft/lbs or something (also at high revs).

WEAK SAUCE!!!

Looks nice tho and I'm sure it handles way better and gets more girls than a goat.

·
Cruisin...
2,722 Posts
Those pasta rides will get you snail trails on the hood a lot more than the goats will... ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
There's no substitute for cubic inches...except more cubic inches and a blower

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
or maybe same in^3 but with 4 more cyl and 10k redline...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts