LS1GTO Forums banner

Ferrari F40

366 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Striped04 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I drove an F40 in '89 at Maranello. It was better than the GTO, despite being 17 years ago and having no interior panels or sound insulation to speak of. I'd maybe take on an F430 when my N20 is working, and have taken a 355 ... but that F40 had the combined spirits of Enzo and Satan in its DNA.

#3 ·
The f40 is a damned iconic car, its probably worth more than a enzo. THe car was inspired byt the ferrari 288gto racecar, with basically a detuned engine from it (2.9 litre dohc v8 twin turbo 480hp). THe car was pure race technology for the street, no fancy computers or anything, if you lost traction, you've better know how to get it back before it killed you. Awesome car!

#4 ·
I remember when Car and Driver (Yes, I know they suck) tested one and when they started it up it was a bit too cold outside. The beast fouled every plug in the engine. That's a take no prisoner's car right there. A true race car for the street and one of my favorites ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.