LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I figured for a time schedule that will get "us" to exit 70 by 11:00am. ' Will have to take the 8:00am ferry as it takes approximately hour and a half to get to OP (9:30am). And I figured about and hour to get to King Kullen 'cause we don't know the way (10:30am). So we should have a extra half hour to get lost and then find our way. Can someone that lives on the Island verify that it will only take and hour to get to KK.And I plan on taking the 5:00pm ferry back to NL.

The cost is less than $60.00 (one way) with the driver and a passenger.

And I was wondering who else from SE Conn, RI or MA will be taken this ferry.

(beep-pa)
Bob

·
WRX owner
799 Posts
I think i posted this before but for you guys goin to orient point when you leave orient stay on 25 west all the way through greenport, mattick etc, youll get to a intersection eventually that is rt 105 go throught that intersection and shorty after that rt 25 will turn into rt 58 which goes through riverhead,youll see a hospital alot of stores best buy, home depot Tanger Outlet, Once you pass tanger outlet you can get on the exrpess way heading west and exit 70 is a few miles down the expressway, when you get off at exit 70 there is a kinda blind left you have to make to get onto CR 111 (so be careful) then about 2 tenth of a mile down at the first light make a right and hte king kullen is right there

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoneIMPORTtc said:
I think i posted this before but for you guys goin to orient point when you leave orient stay on 25 west all the way through greenport, mattick etc, youll get to a intersection eventually that is rt 105 go throught that intersection and shorty after that rt 25 will turn into rt 58 which goes through riverhead,youll see a hospital alot of stores best buy, home depot Tanger Outlet, Once you pass tanger outlet you can get on the exrpess way heading west and exit 70 is a few miles down the expressway, when you get off at exit 70 there is a kinda blind left you have to make to get onto CR 111 (so be careful) then about 2 tenth of a mile down at the first light make a right and hte king kullen is right there
Thanks for the extra bit of information it is appreciated.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yikes ... on the ferry

just be careful with your car ... they pack 'em in tight ... jimmy :gears:

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Forgive me for being slow here. I am from RI, and have never been on LI. Montoc is on LI? I would like to join in on the ferry run. Could someone PM me with info please?

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
Black Devil said:
Forgive me for being slow here. I am from RI, and have never been on LI. Montoc is on LI? I would like to join in on the ferry run. Could someone PM me with info please?
You have pm

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
anyway guys,i got my GTO from arnold buick pontiac so i brought her back on the ferry with me....it wasnt very crowded and it shouldnt be that early in the morning when we go over

·
Ahhh have the need fer speed.
2,271 Posts
Very true, it's off-season, you may not even need a Rez, but always good to have that out of the way..

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
FastMoFoGTO said:
Very true, it's off-season, you may not even need a Rez, but always good to have that out of the way..
i tryed to make reservations online but the ferry website is horrible :bewarespa

·
Ahhh have the need fer speed.
2,271 Posts
Well, you still have plenty of time, as I said it's off season for the Bport Ferry, perhaps Beep-pa will join ya..

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
We will see what happens. I may just drive with two or three other cars.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want to meet up and take the NL ferry just let me know. I'll be at the ferry anyways and to me its better than driving to BP or all the down to the City and then head east again. Did anyone give you direction to the ferry? If you know who to get to downtown NL then you have a good idea of where to pick up ferry.....Its not that far from the train station. If you need more information just let me know.

(beep-pa)
Bob

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Really. I know nothing. Where when, how, and so forth. I have taken 95 S plenty of times. Never a ferry, nore have I been on LI before.

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
Black Devil said:
Really. I know nothing. Where when, how, and so forth. I have taken 95 S plenty of times. Never a ferry, nore have I been on LI before.
Where's Rick05, he's got to join the cruise too. Gotta show the homeboy the real south. Well, he'll think he's home when he sees it.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I am trying to convince him to go. He has to check with his job. He goes on company trips often. I will hear back from him soon. I won't let him rest. Evn trying to see if Morty wants to go.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
not coming on the port jeff :fawkdance just kiddin with ya

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
whoops i was thinking of the port jeff ferry when i posted in her :shiner: sorry kurt

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Black Devil said:
I can give you directions to the ferry from 95s or you can look it up on line at Oreint Point Ferry which will lead you to Cross Sound Ferry at that site you will get all the information you need.

(beep-pa)
Bob

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
alright, im probly in for the ferry at 8am. so whose got the website to book a reservation?:turbonaug

1 - 20 of 51 Posts