LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of you guys and gals that are going to Silver Dollar Dragway on 10/22/04 (this Friday night) I need to get a final head count so I can contact Ed the track manager and give him a heads up! LEt me know in this thread ASAP. The hotel info is below. Hope to see you there!!!

Comfort Inn in Byron, GA Asked for their lowest rate (B/T $59-62). They have an indoor pool and a bar!!!!!! Ask for Lana or Madeline. The # is 478-956-1600. So far Padre, Lady Goat and myself (Doc GTO) are staying at the 'ole Comfort Inn . . .

I would think this is a good meeting place. I will try to be there b/t 2-3pm at the latest and we will get to the track by 5pm to corral the cars.

Chime in as soon as you know!!! :p :p

Doc

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm there, but I may be a little late since I have a Dr.'s appt. that day.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'll be there but my buddy with the cobra will not. He might come but will not be able to bring car. I will probally just meet ya'll at the track.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
I'll be there. Staying at the Comfort Inn.

Make sure you bring cameras and video. :cool:

Wkdws6, which car you bringing?

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Georgia Goat said:
I'll be there but my buddy with the cobra will not. He might come but will not be able to bring car. I will probally just meet ya'll at the track.

Is your buddy scared that a S/C or H/C goat may fry his snake!!! :gr_jest:

Doc

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is the Comfort Inn the "MEETING PLACE" for those that want to arrive together??? We'll arrive at the hotel around 3-3:30. Ya'll wanna meet up in the bar? Any word on whether the lanes will open a little early for the goats?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a friend from warner robins bringing his cobra (hopefully). Don't think he's ever been to a track in his life. He likes to talk a lot of sh#t though... so hopefully, we'll be able to lure him in.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lady Goat said:
Is the Comfort Inn the "MEETING PLACE" for those that want to arrive together??? We'll arrive at the hotel around 3-3:30. Ya'll wanna meet up in the bar? Any word on whether the lanes will open a little early for the goats?
I think it will be the easiest place to meet. I will call Ed (mgr at SDR) on Wednesday and let him know an approx head count. I will also see if we will get any special attention on Friday night! I'll update on that Wed night!!!

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lady Goat said:
I've got a friend from warner robins bringing his cobra (hopefully). Don't think he's ever been to a track in his life. He likes to talk a lot of sh#t though... so hopefully, we'll be able to lure him in.
Good! What year is it? S/C or N/A?

Doc

·
Registered
65 Posts
A little off subject, and a couple days late, but... HOW 'BOUT DEM PIXBURG STILLERS? Got tix to see our hometown heros play in JAX on Dec 5th. You think the yellow goat with Pittsburgh-pasties in enemy territory would draw a little too much attention???

·
Registered
119 Posts
2004 sc He works for dish network and will have to leave straight from work to get there. He drives a company van. Wouldn't have time to go home and get his car.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lady Goat said:
I think his cobra is around a 1997/98 model because he had it with him when we were all stationed in Guam in 98-99.

Good. I'm racing him!

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Georgia Goat said:
2004 sc He works for dish network and will have to leave straight from work to get there. He drives a company van. Wouldn't have time to go home and get his car.

Well, he'll have to race the company van then! He should be able to outrun a few Hondas!!!
:gr_jest:

Doc

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Lady Goat said:
Doubt it. Gates open 5pm, they usually start rolling around 6pm.

My plan is to check in as soon as I can (3-ish), get a little rest, then head to the track around 5pm. Let's all plan on meeting in the lobby at 5pm. Once at the track, we do the tech (I think the tech guy is called "Yo-yo"), maybe do some photo shoots, maybe buy some race gas (they had 104 unleaded last time I was there), then get most of our runs in during the first hour or two. It sometimes gets crowded later (>8pm).

And don't forget: long pants, helmet if you plan on 13's, and cameras and camcorders. :)

We can hit the bar after the track (if it's still open, else I'll just bring extra beer) and/or hang out at the pool. :)

And if my little package arrives on time :secret: we might have some extra fun. :)

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PadreGTO said:
Doubt it. Gates open 5pm, they usually start rolling around 6pm.

My plan is to check in as soon as I can (3-ish), get a little rest, then head to the track around 5pm. Let's all plan on meeting in the lobby at 5pm. Once at the track, we do the tech (I think the tech guy is called "Yo-yo"), maybe do some photo shoots, maybe buy some race gas (they had 104 unleaded last time I was there), then get most of our runs in during the first hour or two. It sometimes gets crowded later (>8pm).

And don't forget: long pants, helmet if you plan on 13's, and cameras and camcorders. :)

We can hit the bar after the track (if it's still open, else I'll just bring extra beer) and/or hang out at the pool. :)

And if my little package arrives on time :secret: we might have some extra fun. :)

Padre

What package?? Or is it a secret?

Doc

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TTT. Need head count!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts