LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the Goat today and have the final numbers.

355.8 rwhp and 338.4 rwtq

This cam is by no means "stealthy" as it has quite a lope to it. I know the numbers aren't huge but it was a little bit of a challenge driving home in the rain, especially on the ramps :turbonaug

The cam gave me a gain of 30 hp and actually dropped the torque by 5, which I don't quite understand.

The real test will be Monday...maybe Friday if I can sneak away..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
jimzman said:
Picked up the Goat today and have the final numbers.

355.8 rwhp and 338.4 rwtq

This cam is by no means "stealthy" as it has quite a lope to it. I know the numbers aren't huge but it was a little bit of a challenge driving home in the rain, especially on the ramps :turbonaug

The cam gave me a gain of 30 hp and actually dropped the torque by 5, which I don't quite understand.

The real test will be Monday...maybe Friday if I can sneak away..
With a 111 I wouldn't expect it to be stealthy, did you want it to be? Your numbers look good for an A4. It may have dropped your max torque but I bet your overall curve is better. Do you have the previous dyno?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GTO1_OHIO said:
With a 111 I wouldn't expect it to be stealthy, did you want it to be? Your numbers look good for an A4. It may have dropped your max torque but I bet your overall curve is better. Do you have the previous dyno?
I did tell Ed that stealth was not a concern of mine. However, I did say a little more lope would cool but nothing to radical. He delivered, but a little less lope would have been preferred. If I don't adapt to it I'll see if BSP can tone it down a little more.

I know an old graph is around here....here it is. Visually they look about the same on the curve, but I don't know what I'm looking at either.

Monday will be the true test...I'm hoping for 13.1 with <2.0 60's.

·
Electric or GTFO
452 Posts
Congrats Jim! Looks like you and I will be a good matchup for Monday, can't wait to see your new times! :gears:

·
My most expensive mod ever
2,502 Posts
Nice work! Careful in the rain!

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
jimzman said:
actually dropped the torque by 5, which I don't quite understand.
I blame it on the installer ;) :stickpoke:

Not bad numbers can't wait to see it run :burnout:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ls1wolf said:
i see 12.8 in your future!
I'm not sure what I would do if I pulled a 12.8...I sure wouldn't complain though.

I'll see the 12's next year for sure though :secret:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
radkon said:
I blame it on the installer ;) :stickpoke:

Not bad numbers can't wait to see it run :burnout:

I guess I'll have to have the "installer" put the heads on to compensate for the missing torque...yeah, that's it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sable said:
Nice work! Careful in the rain!
Yeah, the rain sucks when you have a new mod to try out. My worn tread doesn't help matters either.

I've decided to have new rubber put on before Norwalk (even before I get to "try" the cam out). I'm going to give the Fuzion ZRi's a try this go around. I just couldn't justify $800+ for a set of Firestone Wide Ovals.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sablestang said:
Looks like you and I will be a good matchup for Monday :gears:
Sorry Sablestang, but I hope you're wrong or I may :cry: then have to get :drink:.

I am looking forward to seeing you run though. The exhaust has got to sound great at WOT.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Thats some good numbers i think. I'd see what it runs before being concerned about a little loss in torque.
Interested how it sounds. I bet it's got a good thump to it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adam4356 said:
Thats some good numbers i think. I'd see what it runs before being concerned about a little loss in torque. .
Well, I wasn't too concerned until I heard from Ed anyways...in his own words this cam should have "Big" torque and a "Very" subtle lope.

After Norwalk I'll be tearing her down again to degree the cam to see where it's at verses where it should be. The good news is I think I can do this without pulling the radiator. If I can it'll make the job that much easier.

Any tips on this task?

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
jimzman said:
Well, I wasn't too concerned until I heard from Ed anyways...in his own words this cam should have "Big" torque and a "Very" subtle lope.

After Norwalk I'll be tearing her down again to degree the cam to see where it's at verses where it should be. The good news is I think I can do this without pulling the radiator. If I can it'll make the job that much easier.

Any tips on this task?
Its gonna be tough pulling the crank pulley off without yanking the rad. Without the crank pulley off you can't get to the cam. Also degreeing without removing the heads is tricky and less accurate. If it was me I'd wait until you are slapping heads on there.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
agreed, i would wait until you have some other reasons to be in the motor (ie heads).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
radkon said:
If it was me I'd wait until you are slapping heads on there.
Adam4356 said:
agreed, i would wait until you have some other reasons to be in the motor (ie heads).
You guys aren't making this any easier for me...What's a set a AFR's go for anyways....I wonder if I could get the heads and valves and use my FTI springs and such...

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
jimzman said:
You guys aren't making this any easier for me...What's a set a AFR's go for anyways....I wonder if I could get the heads and valves and use my FTI springs and such...
Probably. I'd set aside 1500~2000$ for heads :banghead:
Maybe EdC will cut you a deal?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts