LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been a long time coming (far too long), but it's finally here AP's fully functional shaker hood for the LS1 and LS2 GTO. The airbox sits directly on top of the engine and doubles as an engine cover and a complete cold air induction system that draws air from the early 70's styled shaker scoop through the factory air filter and routing it direct to the TB. Scoop seals to the bottom of the lightwieght fiberglass hood. Hood uses all factory hardware from your stock hood including struts, bump stops, striker, safety latch and windshield squirters.

All that is left is a few minor details like rubber hose connectors, hardware and instructions printed.

Pricing is $1195.00. That includes hood, airbox/ engine cover assembly, shaker scoop, scoop gasket, all required hardware, instructions and your choice of 5.7 LITRE or 6.0 LITRE scoop decals.

Hood is available exclusively from Arrowhead Performance or Gravana.

Contact me directly if you have any questions at 623-256-6900 or email me at [email protected] Thanks!!

Painted pictures coming later this week, until then:

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
Looks nice

·
ChimChim is in the HD's trunk
4,966 Posts
JS1965 said:
Wheres the stock ram air kit pics?
That does look very very nice...
In spite of their claim that they were building an '05 Ram Air Kit that uses the factory scoops, I think this is what they were building. I have waited for months for pics of a functional '05 Ram Air Kit and received numerous responses from them saying it will be available in 'two weeks'. I don't think we will ever see it from them. More bull, more lies. I don't usually bash vendors, but after their replies to me indicated that they would have a product have turned up nothing and all the other problems they have caused many other customers on the forum, I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Just my .02.

·
Refuse to lose.
3,509 Posts
This looks and functions better than any kind of "ram air" setup. Nice work.

·
A Million miles and counting
363 Posts
Hmmmm ..................1974 all over again. Is that a good thing ??????

·
VIOLET FOREVER
8,773 Posts
Hay Dan I would like to redeem my gift certificate I won at the Nationals. Please P.M. me as I cant seem to get a hold of you.

·
Damn Another Hurricane
81 Posts
Do your research gents

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
Why do you insist on sucking my hard earned $ out of my wallet?

Think I need a guinea pig though...or is that vehicle down there in AZ?

I'd drive down there to see the finished product before making my mind...or are you coming to SEMA?

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Despite all of the negativity we are striving to improve. We are looking to hire a LS1GTO member for alot of our customer service work and some other changes but that is for another post.

As for the 05 airbox, yes we are working on it. Yes I do have pics but I'm not ready to show them yet. Need proof call Todd at ProDyno as they are helping with the final pieces needed.

Some of you will never be satisfied due to our past sins and I understand that. Those of you that have that have called for orders and inquires since then I thank you. And those of that have given us a second chance I thank you even more.

Now back to the post at hand. The last things we need for hood where taken care of today. As soon as we recieve these items and put the hardware kits we'll start taking orders and not before. For those that have called wanting to preorder a shaker hood, we'll put your name on a list and call you when orders start.

Thanks!

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Not a real fan of shaker hoods - but you guys did a nice job.

Forgot to add - yes get that 05 setup out - that I will buy.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Guys, I know there are some mixed feelings when it comes to AP and past experiences. I understand this as I've seen both sides of the situation on more than one occasion and I know how distressing it can be to both parties involved. That said I honestly believe it's time to step back for a moment and just watch how AP conducts themselves in the future. I have a feeling things are going to be changing for the better VERY soon, keep your eyes peeled ;)

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holeshot said:
Hay Dan I would like to redeem my gift certificate I won at the Nationals. Please P.M. me as I cant seem to get a hold of you.

PM sent.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
anybody stepping-up developing pieces like this for our cars earns my support - even you dan. keep up the good work - thats a nice piece btw! Thank You.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rushhour said:
Not a real fan of shaker hoods - but you guys did a nice job.
Thanks!! I'm really eager to get it on the dyno as the seat of the pants feel is very, very strong! Put you hand on the back of the scoop as someone revs the motor and you can feel how hard the air is being sucked in. Everyone who has driven it or riden in it since the install has been very impressed.

Car was dropped this afternoon at the bodyshop for paint. Pictures later this week!

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Enginerd,

Call me and we'll meet up for a test drive.

OlderGoat,

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts