LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of Youngrushhour
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking almost constant bombing raids from sea gulls and assorted other shore birds - I had enough and bought a car cover for my pride and joy.

Unfortunately for me and the GTO - I do not have a driveway. So bird cr*p and pollen was a hazard I had to deal with. To make matters worse - the car is black, so on a hot day the assorted environmental hazards just bakes into the paint. If you have never had the pleasure in dealing with sea gull cr*p - think of bird dung, the consitancy of cement. I don't know what these birds eat - but whatever it is - it really screws the clear coat up after a while.

The car cover came from California Car cover - the cover fits like a glove. I can't yet confirm it's abilty to protect the car - it looks like it should be more then adequate.

Just the thought of not having to wash it every few days brings joy to my old eyes.
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
rushhour said:
After taking almost constant bombing raids from sea gulls and assorted other shore birds - I had enough and bought a car cover for my pride and joy.

Unfortunately for me and the GTO - I do not have a driveway. So bird cr*p and pollen was a hazard I had to deal with. To make matters worse - the car is black, so on a hot day the assorted environmental hazards just bakes into the paint. If you have never had the pleasure in dealing with sea gull cr*p - think of bird dung, the consitancy of cement. I don't know what these birds eat - but whatever it is - it really screws the clear coat up after a while.

The car cover came from California Car cover - the cover fits like a glove. I can't yet confirm it's abilty to protect the car - it looks like it should be more then adequate.

Just the thought of not having to wash it every few days brings joy to my old eyes.
hey rushhour.
i will be getting my black goat as well and i also have problems with bird crap and dirt. let us know how you like the car cover. how well it keeps the paint clean. maybe post pics if you getta chance. and how much?
 

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
Joined
·
368 Posts
Yeah, i hate the bird crap too!
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
How do you get the birdie turdies off the car cover?
 

·
Master of Youngrushhour
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cover cost $299. - not cheap until you factor in the cost of repainting the car. It is incredibly light weight. Per their instructions - you can machine wash the cover.

Hopefully the pictures aren't to large to make it:
 

·
Gone but not forgotten
Joined
·
4,672 Posts
rushhour said:
The cover cost $299. - not cheap until you factor in the cost of repainting the car. It is incredibly light weight. Per their instructions - you can machine wash the cover.

Hopefully the pictures aren't to large to make it:

looks good. could you PM me the website. thanks
 

·
Master of Youngrushhour
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gtodriver7 - PM on its way.

Steve
 

·
Master of Youngrushhour
Joined
·
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update on the car cover.

It has gone through a few thunderstorms and the car was dry as can be. I have had a few people on the block come over to find out where I got it.

I love this cover - a week without washing the car every other day to get off the sea gull poop.
 

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
Joined
·
21,898 Posts
gtodriver7 said:
looks good. could you PM me the website. thanks
Can you pm me also? thanks
 

·
CARmotorsports.com
Joined
·
327 Posts
rushhour said:
The cover cost $299. - not cheap until you factor in the cost of repainting the car. It is incredibly light weight. Per their instructions - you can machine wash the cover.
For anyone interested, CAR Motorsports will be making a post and taking orders for our new custom fit, LIFETIME warranty, Embroidered GTO Car Covers. These covers will be offered for $189.95 with FREE Shipping included. The GTO logo can be placed on the front or rear (or both or both and the storage bag with additional logos costing only $20 for each logo). Also, for those who purchased floor mats and customized the thread color of their logos, you can have the cover embroidered the same way.

It will be about 6 to 8 weeks before the covers are ready to ship and if you can wait that long, you may want to consider our cover. The features are extensive and it offers a storm rated level of protection. We currently offer these for the Buick GN, Chevy Corvette, Cadillac CTS and Pontiac Trans Am (both 3rd and 4th Generations). Additional info about these covers can be obtained from our website, or this post on the cadillac forum website.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13050

Thanks,

Alan
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
CAR Motorsports said:
rushhour said:
The cover cost $299. - not cheap until you factor in the cost of repainting the car. It is incredibly light weight. Per their instructions - you can machine wash the cover.
For anyone interested, CAR Motorsports will be making a post and taking orders for our new custom fit, LIFETIME warranty, Embroidered GTO Car Covers. These covers will be offered for $189.95 with FREE Shipping included. The GTO logo can be placed on the front or rear (or both or both and the storage bag with additional logos costing only $20 for each logo). Also, for those who purchased floor mats and customized the thread color of their logos, you can have the cover embroidered the same way.

It will be about 6 to 8 weeks before the covers are ready to ship and if you can wait that long, you may want to consider our cover. The features are extensive and it offers a storm rated level of protection. We currently offer these for the Buick GN, Chevy Corvette, Cadillac CTS and Pontiac Trans Am (both 3rd and 4th Generations). Additional info about these covers can be obtained from our website, or this post on the cadillac forum website.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13050

Thanks,

Alan
You should mention "new supporting vendor of LS1GTO.com" :thumbs:
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
Warren said:
You should mention "new supporting vendor of LS1GTO.com" :thumbs:
Yes Alan, thanks for the support! I'll be ordering a set of mats when I return from vacation. Do you have access to the Pontiac Indian Head logo?
 

·
CARmotorsports.com
Joined
·
327 Posts
mistermike said:
Yes Alan, thanks for the support! I'll be ordering a set of mats when I return from vacation. Do you have access to the Pontiac Indian Head logo?
Oh yeah......NEW SUPPORTING VENDOR OF LS1GTO.com!

Thanks for the reminder, guys.

Regarding the Indian Head logo, we have not had many requests for it yet, so we haven't made it available. If there is interest in that logo, we can do it under our license.

Alan
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top