LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the bad weather back here and constant business travel - it has been a pain getting any seat time - let alone caring for the car.

Well I am finally home for a while and the weather is decent - so first thing this morning - broke out the rags and washed the poor car.

Here it is - including the notorious "pink dot" on the wheel

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
looks good...............I can't wash mine, it's been raining a lot. I need to take pic's with all the mud on it. ( I live on a dirt road........or should I say, mud road :( )

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I am washing mine in the rain today. I just pull it into the garage to dry it down and do a little polishing. Heck this time of year if you don't wash it in the rain it never gets washed.
:D

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tails - you have a garage? You are my hero - I am starting my fight with the town this week to get a driveway & garage. Damn car is street parked right now.

On a more interesting note - I just got back from going to a local pet store to pick up some fish with my wife. As we park the car we notice 2 guys running out of the store yelling about 100 yards away. Then we pick up what they are yelling "can we see the Goat - please". Thse guys were in their late 40's - early fifties. Needless to say we hung out for a while BSing. These cars do attract some attention!

·
Registered
244 Posts
rushhour,
Interested to see your registration sticker in your line of sight!

We in South Australia (Right Hand Drive) are allowed to place the sticker on the LHS of the vehicle either windscreen or a "fixed side window" but not in your line of vision!

Mike

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had a gut jump in front of the car while I was pulling out of a parking spot. Yes they do attract a lot of attention.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Pink Spot

rushhour said:
Between the bad weather back here and constant business travel - it has been a pain getting any seat time - let alone caring for the car.

Well I am finally home for a while and the weather is decent - so first thing this morning - broke out the rags and washed the poor car.

Here it is - including the notorious "pink dot" on the wheel
Rush, thanks for the photos. What was that talk about the pink paint, that the dealer had instructions how to remove it or you voided the warranty on the wheel paint if you tried to take it off yourself, or some such....Are you just waiting for it to wear off or what?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car went in for some servicing last week and I forgot to mention it.

However - since I am sure the practice of applying them stopped, I may keep them on to have the car be perfectly original.

Only kidding - they need to go - the dealer will have to deal with it when it goes back in for some minor scratches in the paint that occurred in transit.

As respects the inspection sticker in the US they go on the drivers side - I think in all states. However I did screwup - it should have been lower. The sticker was handed to me to put on because for a few days the weather was so damp the dealer couldn't get it to stick. I was being so careful to get it straight - I didn't notice it was high about an inch or two. Beacuse of the angle of the wind shield I don't even notice it. It is a 4 year sticker so - it will be around for a while. P.S. - first thing the wife said when she saw it - was isn't it a bit high - where was she when I needed her?

As an aside - I was in London last week on business and my mate from Sydney was there also. He was one of the reasons I got the car - he constantly extold the virtues of the Monaro's and it's various incarnations. He brought along a magazine called Motor. Me and the wife were thumbing through it - you can't belive some of the cars our friends in OZ play with down there. The are all kinds of articles relating to upgrading the Monaro etc. One article was comparing the use of superchargers on a Monaro and Falcon to get 400 kilowatts of ground pounding power. Also while we are not - I repeat not a Ford family - the aussie Falcon XR8 looks sweet as does the ford FPV GT & FPV Ute. I will try and scan some of the photos for the US boys. In the meantime - I am trying to see if I can pick up the mag in the states

1 - 9 of 9 Posts