LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been some time and I was eventually able to get around to putting the wheels on the car. The wheels are Vertini RFS 1.7 19x9.5 with an offset of +35. Front fenders rolled and pulled, rear fenders rolled only. Lowered on Pedders XA coilovers and a full poly bushing suite from Whiteline. I have to say that I am very happy with how everything turned out. The stance is killer and so far I have just the slightest amount of rub on the driver's fender liner plastic on a hard bump.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle White
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car Tire

·
Wol Gemut
3,540 Posts
tremendous-looking wheel.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
530 Posts
You have any issues with rolling the fenders in regards to the paint cracking? Just wondering how you went about it.
The wheels look great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zech: Thanks. This wheel journey has been 2+ years in the making. Trying to find a cost effective yet aesthetically pleasing alternative to CCW wasn't easy but this is what I came up with.

Reaperhwk: Yes. I bought the Eastwood fender roller and used a heat gun the entire time. 15 year old paint is gonna crack no matter what. I feel like I went overboard on the front fenders and to me the 'pull' looks a little too aggressive. From a distance its ok but up close you can see the bulging. Hindsight being 20/20 I should haven made relief cuts in the fender where I wanted the rolling to stop. Live and learn I guess.

·
Worthless reject member
49,255 Posts
it makes the car look like a real-life, grown-up hotwheels car, and not in a bad way.

i suppose it's just the shape of the wheel and proportion to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothubertjfarnsworth: I know what you mean...lol. I can tell you that the wheels look different from different angles, which is why I tried to include multiple angles of the car when I posted up the pics. I honestly think that the reason why this happens is due to the nature of the outer lip. The rim is a 19 but because the lip is pretty deep and steps down it tricks the eye into thinking that it is closer to an 18 inch wheel.

·
Wol Gemut
3,540 Posts
are the fronts available in 8.5" width same offset? you would not have had to roll and pull the front if you had done so, unless you wanted equal front and back for some reason. if I were not completely happy with my wheels, I would be looking at these, they are awesome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BroPeep: I went with a P245/35R19 tire. The tire that I chose was an Achilles tire, not very expensive..only $350 for a set of 4. I did this in case I ran into clearance issues with the fenders in case the tire got damaged due to contact. I would much rather have that happen to a crap tire than an expensive Michelin. Running a P245/35/19 tire on a 9.5 inch rim is what they consider a 'meaty' setup for stretch, and if I were to take a closer tire picture you could see that the sidewall curves inwards ever so slightly once it gets to the tread section. This was done to increase the tire to fender clearance and prevent contact on hard bumps/dips...which it did.

zech912: Yes they are available in an 8.5 inch width, however, they wheels have different 'face types'. If you want a more concave look like the one I picked, you need a face 2 wheel. That is what determined me having to run a 9.5 inch wheel. This setup does, however, allow me to rotate the tires for prolonged tire life which is a plus seeing as how these cars go through tires like toilet paper. If somebody wanted a more flush type wheel, then a face 1 wheel can be had in an 8 or 8.5 inch width. The wheels come blank so the offset, hub bore and lugnut holes must be drilled/bored out to specifications.

·
Wol Gemut
3,540 Posts
Wow, if people can choose their offset, hub, bolt pattern, I would take these over the ubiquitous VMRs any day all day, as they say.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zech912: I hear ya. The best part about these wheels are the price. I got each wheel for about $350/wheel. Obviously, if you were to go with a larger wheel the price will increase due to the size, but I think that most of us here would stick to the 17-19 inch range. I went through an approved Vertini vendor in the Ft. Lauderdale area (I live near Tampa, BTW...) and everything came to around $1580 and that was with lugnuts as well. Must say I am quite happy with the set up.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Very nice. Think I’d steal the idea if you don’t mind…? Something gives the illusion that white letters are shown which would look good too but this sleek, simple look is boss.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HMBLGOAT: You are more than welcome to do so! I posted those pics up here so people could see another type of wheel that wasn't a VMR...lol. I can tell you that the illusion that you speak of is true to a certain extent. There are letters that spell VERTINI on the step down lip of the wheel but they end up being in the same color as the barrel of the wheel, if that makes sense. Since my wheel is silver, the lettering is a silver-ish color, but if you were to get a black wheel then the lettering (still in its silvery color) would be more noticeable. Maybe this is a customizable thing? You might have to call Vertini and ask them. They man you want to talk to is Joe. Guy is freaking awesome. He literally spent hours with me on the phone helping me track down the Magic wheels that were on another members car (guy was in AU). He was able to sift through all the wheel SKU numbers to find out which wheels got sent to Australia and gave me all the sizing info on them.
Anyways, here is a close up pic of the lettering from their site...
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Vehicle

If you were to get a black wheel, this is how it would look...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
2005 M6 - 427 Texas Speed LS, FAST 102, Kooks headers, Pedders suspension and bushings.
29 Posts
Your wheels and stance look great!! Thank you for sharing! The silver rims on your silver GOAT look really good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts