LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got to sit in, touch, start and otherwise feel up a new red GTO here in Janesville. The bad news is it wasn't mine. The good news is I liked the car.
I was wearing a hat and had plenty of head room and I'm 6'1" so shouldn't be any problem for most people there. The trunk was small but not as bad as I imagined. The seats seemed nice although they were covered with plastic so not a very good test. The engine was quieter than I expected although I didn't rev it since the light was on saying "very low fuel" (didn't think it would be good to run it out of fuel) Overall I still want my car.

The vin numbers here in Janesville are 76736 and 83816

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
cjlannoy said:
Well, I finally got to sit in, touch, start and otherwise feel up a new red GTO here in Janesville. The bad news is it wasn't mine. The good news is I liked the car.
I was wearing a hat and had plenty of head room and I'm 6'1" so shouldn't be any problem for most people there. The trunk was small but not as bad as I imagined. The seats seemed nice although they were covered with plastic so not a very good test. The engine was quieter than I expected although I didn't rev it since the light was on saying "very low fuel" (didn't think it would be good to run it out of fuel) Overall I still want my car.

The vin numbers here in Janesville are 76736 and 83816
:cool: :cool:

176736 is my vin#

You better not have left any finger prints :p

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holeshot said:

176736 is my vin#

no finger prints, just a little rubber in the parking lot ;)
It is a very nice car although it was dark and cold so I didn't get to inspect it as much as I would have liked.

·
DY is the Awesomest
59 Posts
i got to sit in a blue/blue one today. the seats are very nice! except i have the opposite prob you have, i am 4'11" !!! but luckily there was alot of movement of the seats, so i could reach the pedals! I actually liked the blue interior, didn't think i would.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holeshot said:

176736 is my vin#

I'd be most upset that someone elses rear has been in "my" new car.

other than the holden workers, transport workers, and local dealer staff.... :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
devil cv8 said:
I'd be most upset that someone elses rear has been in "my" new car.

other than the holden workers, transport workers, and local dealer staff.... :D
I can think of a few good rears I wouldn't mind sharing my GTO with.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
I am 6' 7", and I should be able to fit. I am trading in my 2004 Grand Prix, and I fit in that alright.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
TprGTO said:
I am 6' 7", and I should be able to fit. I am trading in my 2004 Grand Prix, and I fit in that alright.
04 Grand Prix is very nice. It was on my short list. When I started pricing it out with all the goodies, Comp G etc., I was close enough to the GTO price that I was able to make that mental leap. :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
pontiac04GTO said:
Than why the hell isnt it in your driveway? :cool:
If I could go get it and bypass the dealer I would :p

Just a few days more.
:D I am counting on soneone to let me know when it is gone from Janesville yard :sneaky:

My vin# 176736 ;)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holeshot said:
If I could go get it and bypass the dealer I would :p

Just a few days more.
:D I am counting on soneone to let me know when it is gone from Janesville yard :sneaky:

My vin# 176736 ;)
Unfortunately I can't really go up to the yard to check on it, Thur was kinda a one shot deal, but I'm sure it will be gone first thing next week, there aren't that many cars up there right now and your's should be going by truck from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts