LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
nice man! one thing i noticed, did u spray paint the tails? it would look better if you top it off w/ clear coat. JMO

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
well i think that you should wet sand and buff the tail lights. i'm assuming you used night shade? or something like night shade?

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
jamesbiz said:
well i think that you should wet sand and buff the tail lights. i'm assuming you used night shade? or something like night shade?
I agree. They should looks somewhat like this when done.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put like 10 coats of clear coat on there but I dont think its working...lol

do you guys know a brand of clear coat that i should use on them? cuz i tried the stuff i have now and looks like its not working out

it looks a lot better in person but its still not shiny or anything like in the picture above on the cyclone gray...THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

hopefully ill find something that will make mine shiny like that? any suggestions on what to do or brand to use??

thanks everyone!!

·
GTOless
7,063 Posts
00blackss said:
You're just jealous you bought blue not red.
He has a red 04 in the family...

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
04gtoowner said:
I put like 10 coats of clear coat on there but I dont think its working...lol

do you guys know a brand of clear coat that i should use on them? cuz i tried the stuff i have now and looks like its not working out

it looks a lot better in person but its still not shiny or anything like in the picture above on the cyclone gray...THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

hopefully ill find something that will make mine shiny like that? any suggestions on what to do or brand to use??

thanks everyone!!

Can anyone help me with this?

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
04gtoowner said:
Can anyone help me with this?
wetsand it with 2000 grit sand paper. then get your entire car buffed and ask them to buff the lights as well. you got plenty of clear coat on. all i put was 3 coats and that was enough even with the sanding and buffing.

·
Banned
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I need to buff my whole entire car too? What about if I just took a buffing tool to the taillights and then applied more clear coat?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
CV8 tails.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts