LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I( did it. Times were not great - but what a blast. Went to the SLP Customer appreciation day at Etown this morning and took the plunge. Raced the car in full street trim - ie spare & jack still in trunk, plus 25 pound tool box. Tires remained at 35-37 psi and a full tank of gas.

Fist time was 13.76, 2.17 60ft time - don't have the slip (screw up at the track - had to look at the GTO that I raced slip to get info). MPH was just over 100

Next time - screwed up launch - hit the gas & backed out - time was 14.23, 2.477 60ft and 100.25 top end.

Thrird run - 14.019, 2.296 60ft, 100.43 mph - car was hot and I copuld tell as soon as I hit the gas that the timing was down.

Don't even ask about reaction times (they su*ked) - John Force can sleep easy tonight.

Saw the SLP GTO - 500HP at the wheels. When I left they were still trying to figure out how to hook it up. Interesting car - very mild sound.

Forgot to put in - meet a lot of decent folks and finally hooked up with TrueBlueGto. Most people really liked the GTO.

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
Dude, good 1st time. Sorry I missed it I had to work. Let me know if you head down there again, I'll go. So how was the reaction to the car with all the fbody heads down there ?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shinzon.

I need to learn to launch this car. All I was doing was holding the brake with my gas foot and then just moving it over and hitting the gas.

Also need to bring down reaction times. What bulb do you leave on? The next to last?

The FBody boys where real good. I had quite a few come over to look and talk about the car. Most where postive and only a few said they thought the car needed to be more aggressively styled. The best people where the Grand Am/Prix guys and Vette boys.

Track time is running out on me for the year - I can only make weekends and the next 2 are out (work & parents day at my kids college in Philly) - who knows maybe the last week of Oct. I wil give you a holler when I can make it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts