LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Congratulations. I understand that the night will last about a week. Paraphrasing Einstein, Time is all relative. Wait for your GTO and time passes very slowly. Kiss a pretty girl and time passes very quickly.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
524 Posts
bronko91 said:
Dealer says tomorrow.....it's going to be a LONG night. :bubbrub

Congrats! Built same day as mine and 6704GTO's. His was same as yours and delivered last week(maybe week before, I've lost track) Did you guys get snow with this storm?. Hope is clear for a long first drive. :thumbs:

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before I picked up mine. Enjoy it. It's a fine car.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bronko,

If your car is in the Bob's definitely is and maybe mine. According to the salesman in there last week all our cars were riding together. I hope he was right, but wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Congrads on the news. Don't forget to post the pictures.

·
Registered
524 Posts
cvp33 said:
Bronko,

If your car is in the Bob's definitely is and maybe mine. According to the salesman in there last week all our cars were riding together. I hope he was right, but wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.
Come on CVP and Bob ,you're up guys. Congrats Bronko!! Long slow, then not so slow ride. :D

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, the battery is charging in the camera. I'm sure I will take too many pics. I asked my wife if we could go to bed at 7....she doesn't get it.

CVP, I don't know. Barry called Petersburg and he was told barring a snowstorm (of which there is NONE forcasted) it WILL be there tomorrow. All I can tell you is either call him or look on here for pics of yours tomorrow as I will shoot any and all GTOs there tomorrow.

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
:thumbs: congrats!!

you won't get any sleep tonight.
my husband accused me of sleeping with my nose against the window when I got mine

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
LIL'GTO said:
:thumbs: congrats!!

you won't get any sleep tonight.
my husband accused me of sleeping with my nose against the window when I got mine
That's why you got sick!!!
:drink:

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
bronko91 said:
Dealer says tomorrow.....it's going to be a LONG night. :bubbrub
:bubbrub :bubbrub LOOOOOOOOOOOONG NIGHT COMING

Congrats :thumbs: Have a blast :p

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Tails said:
Congratulations. I understand that the night will last about a week. Paraphrasing Einstein, Time is all relative. Wait for your GTO and time passes very slowly. Kiss a pretty girl and time passes very quickly.
:drink: :drink:
What happens if your kissing a pretty girl while your waiting for your GTO?

:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Jerry,

I missed you by about an hour. I got there around 2:30pm and your car had just finished being detailed. All I can saw is WOW! Great color! (Barbados Blue w/Black int.)Beautiful interior. I looked it over for roughly 15 minutes. No scratches that I could see. Hood and trunk were open so I looked. LS1 looks great in there and the trunk is as described elsewhere. Wheels look MUCH better than I expected. Tech asked me not to sit in the car and I said don't worry I wouldn't dare. I wouldn't want anyone else to be the first one to sit in my car either. I didn't even get to hear it run. Would love to meet you somewhere to hear and see it move. I will PM you my cell number. No pressure though, if you have the time and want to that's fine. If not that's fine too.

Great car Jerry! Now that I know what I'm missing, I want it ALL the more!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
iron_horse31 said:
What happens if your kissing a pretty girl while your waiting for your GTO? :)
I may be wrong but I believe that would be warp speed. I also believe that if you are on a hot stove while waiting for your GTO would have been burned to a crisp long ago.

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
Tails said:
That's why you got sick!!!
Boy, it must be hell being right ALL the time!!! :p

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
LIL'GTO said:
Boy, it must be hell being right ALL the time!!! :p
If you make a million smart alec remarks the odds are that you will be correct once in a while.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I'm back home - whew!! For you guys still waiting - it is worth it. Your biggest delay is the shipping company after it gets off the train. For you guys who decided not to get one - LOSERS!!

For you guys who have gotten yours, here are a few comments....

My one word comments so far - STOUT.

I agree with most of the comments so far. However, here's a few of mine. I have no problem seeing out of the rear as some have. I had no problem getting IN the back seat and actually found it quite roomy. My best friend has an '03 Cobra and his back seat is a joke. However, getting out of my backseat was a pain in the ass. I think there is not enough room between the sidepanel and the clutch pedal. A medium hard 3000 rpm 1 to 2 shift resulted in wheelhop. The door locks are a pain as stated. The key is way too big. If the metal part could slide into the fob, that would make it nicer.

The torque is amazing. Right now - on demand. The sound of the exhaust is excellent. I like the display and I had no problems with the radio controls on the steering wheel. The fit and finish are excellent. It steers like a dream. I did have to ask for the Chrome looking covered book. The urge to ignore the break-in time is great.

All of this may change in a few days but tonight - OMG I have a GTO again. WOOO-HOOO!!!!

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
Three things: Eureka Rd Rowan Pontiac has 1 each, I Blue, B Blue, C Purple, and something? Silver GTOs, all A4s.

2, WTF is "the Chrome looking covered book"???

and 3, do I need a Chrome looking covered book to go fast??

Tails, when you get your car, a lot of us will be lost cause you are the most reliable consistent presence in the whole GTO thing.

deadbug doug

1 - 20 of 20 Posts