LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being in the bodyshop it's all finished. They smoothed my sap grills to the DMS bumper. Grinded out the old grills in my banshee hood, then they put racemesh in the ram air grills, kidney grills and the lower intake. All done in electro polished. The pontiac sign and amber markers were shaved. Depo tails were put on with stealth bulbs in the front side markers as well. In the rear they smoothed the exaust hole and my dms spoiler with no lines. Grinded and rolled my fenders to fit my 275's. Also shaved the pontiac logo in the rear and shaved the licence plate bracket. Then filled in the fuel rail covers and painted. Overall I'm very pleased with how it came out. Pics are with the car very dirty. Just out of the body shop.

Time for the royal treatment :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looks good buddy!!! Can't wait to see it in person. Where is your exhaust exiting? Too bad they had it for so long over the summer and now its almost time to put it away again. Looks like they did a good job though...probably worth the wait.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Looks good.

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
I don't much care for lip spoilers, but I like what was done with yours. Also, the SAP grill inserts really look good without any seams. However, (there is always a "however") I would love to see the GTO emblem back in the grill, but that is just me. Very clean (not talking about dirt) looking ride you have there now. Congratulations!

-K

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
Yes, I agree. Getting rid of the seams and lines made a HUGE difference. Very nice.

·
Look at me.
2,833 Posts
Looks like great quality work. I do not like the blending of the spoiler in the back or on the trunk - without the seams it makes the rear look awkward, but maybe it's just the photos.

Congrats on getting it back!

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
Is the paint missing where the trunk meets the quarterpanel???

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
first off, it's not my cup of tea and I don't like the spoiler into the trunklid

next: even though I don't like it, I think it's AWESOME that most of the changes you did are subtle and most people wouldn't even notice most of them without your car being next to a stock one. to me that is commendable:patriot:

I hope the trunk looks better in person, but who cares? your car is a PERFECT example of being different without being tacky!:patriot:

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
You car looks very unique, and they did a good job, but......They kind of got sloppy with the mesh. It's uneven and each one is different. They didn't match up where it starts and ends on each matching opening. One is even in backwards, you'll have to look at it again to see what I mean. Otherwise very nice!!

ROK

·
ohhhh prettty
63 Posts
little too ricer for me, but still props for being different!

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Its unique. Good job. Looks like you wont have trouble plowing through the snow.

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
1969 SS said:
first off, it's not my cup of tea and I don't like the spoiler into the trunklid

next: even though I don't like it, I think it's AWESOME that most of the changes you did are subtle and most people wouldn't even notice most of them without your car being next to a stock one. to me that is commendable:patriot:

I hope the trunk looks better in person, but who cares? your car is a PERFECT example of being different without being tacky!:patriot:
yeah.

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
1969 SS said:
hopefully just left over crud from wetsanding?
That's what I was thinking....the joints on my car were full of crud from the bodyshop wet sand....:comp:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts