LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first auto-x today with my GTO. I didn't know what to expect and overall I am very happy. It only understeered when I came into the corners too fast and the only oversteer was throttle induced. Better tires are definately on the list. It took a little while to get use to the car. I think that I spent more time answering questions about the car then anything else. I'm looking forward to next month.

Frank

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
I am looking forward to my first one in the GTO this coming weekend. After winning the regional ESP class trophy in my '03 Evo last year, and STX in my Cooper S this year, I am ready for a change to rear drive throttle steering. Last time I had fun with that was a practice day with my Lightning back on '02... 505 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels was a blast... but hopefully the Goat will be a bit better handling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's quite a coincidence. I traded in an Evo for the GTO and I have a Cooper S as well.

Frank

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've enjoyed auto-x also. I've been to three so far and tires are first on the list for next year. Until then I'm taking a police driving class in concord Oct 9 put on by Lenard Motorsports of NY. I expect driving with the GTO and these tires will be quite fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts