LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Door Ding... Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later... but jeez, I don't even have my permanent tags yet :( :( :(

Anyway... looks like it might of been caused by the Jimmy of all things... not a stranger. Just a little round dent, with no creases.

Anyone ever use one of those Paintless Dent Removal services? If so, how'd it go, and would you recommend it? And if so, any in the Northeastern Illinois or Southeastern Wisconsin area?

Thanks!

Diana

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I had two dings in the metal part of my 2002 Z28 and I went to Dent Wizard to have them removed. (Paintless.) $100 later I could not see the dents no matter how hard I looked. Even when he pointed them out to me I couldn't see them. I'm a fan, they do amazing work, at least for me. My Z28 was dark blue too.

http://www.dentwizard.com/site/US/EN/index.htm

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would definatly go with the PDR for a door ding. I watched one of these guys take a 4 inch dent out of a windstar fender right on the sharp body line arounrd the wheel opening. If I was to do that job in my body shop it would have cost the guy atleast $500. I think the paintlless guy charged like $75 or so per panel.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I had read wonderful things about it, but of course it was a case of the PDR guys telling you what great work *they* do. I needed a more unbiased point of view.

Diana

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Pain

Huntress said:
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later... but jeez, I don't even have my permanent tags yet :( :( :(

Anyway... looks like it might of been caused by the Jimmy of all things... not a stranger. Just a little round dent, with no creases.

Anyone ever use one of those Paintless Dent Removal services? If so, how'd it go, and would you recommend it? And if so, any in the Northeastern Illinois or Southeastern Wisconsin area?

Thanks!

Diana
Oh! Ack, Argh! I feel your pain. I had to replace a tail light the first week I had the car due to a careless SUV driver, who then boogied after looking at the damage without leaving any info. The cart guy who saw it couldn't get the plate. :(

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Diana,
I am sure you will give us another unbiased opinion when you get it done?
:drink: :drink:

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bet cha!

Probably won't get down until sometime later next month though.

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfreakinbelievable!!!

Okay... how's this for adding to my hurt, well sort of anyway.

I'm driving around today and a guy pulls up next to me at a stoplight in an M3 Coupe and motions me to roll down my window...

I comply thinking he is going to ask me about the goat.

I say "Hello"

He says... "Take your car over to Libertyville Auto Care and have them get rid of that ding."

I about pee myself laughing to myself cuz that was the last thing I expected. I didn't even think it was that noticable... but hey! :eek: :D :slap: :eek:

·
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhh and this will probably mean I get it fixed sooner too!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:( What a bitch

Dent Wizard worked great for my Grand Am Dings

1 - 13 of 13 Posts