LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NASA Instructor, MW/GL Region
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first time at the track for me, and we had a blast. :p The car is completely stock. 6 speed. Temps mid 80s humidity low.

1st 5:19pm
r/t .462
60 2.020
1/4 14.058 @ 98.87 mph

2nd 5:52pm
r/t .234
60 2.119
1/4 14.264 @ 98.74 mph

3rd 6:18pm
r/t .435
60 2.100
1/4 14.283 @ 97.95mph

4th 7:51pm
r/t .306
60 2.041
1/4 14.123 @ 98.31mph

5th 9:26pm
r/t .086 :p
60 2.207
1/4 14.377 @ 98.70mph

6th 9.59pm
r/t .404
60 2.030
1/4 13.987 @ 99.52mph

My r/t's sucked. :banghead: Its hard to go on that last yellow. More practice and I think I could get it down a little more. As I said its my first time. I don't think its too bad, but we had a ball!!!! :p :gr_jest: :p

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Thats cool, good times! Any other 04 GTOs there? If I didn't work nightshift i'd be at 66 alot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I work night shift too. :banghead: and 66 is only a 30 minute drive. Nice times Kfrey! Dont worry about RT's unless your bracket racing.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Let's gather on a Tues test-n-tune before the season ends.

We'll have a dozen '04's - all running together!!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Havin fun is what it is all about aint it?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Good times kfrey. Hope you've got a helmet - you're going to need it to stay legal.

Hey, what sort of helmets do you guys wear when you drag?

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GMH GTO said:
Thats cool, good times! Any other 04 GTOs there? If I didn't work nightshift i'd be at 66 alot.

NO OTHER GTO BUT A TON OF TA'S AND STANGS, A FEW OLDER CARS AND VETTS. THE TRACK IS CLOSED NEXT TUE, I PLAN ON GOING THE FOLLOWING TUE. WOULD BE NICE TO OTHER GTO'S THERE.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phobos512 said:
Good times kfrey. Hope you've got a helmet - you're going to need it to stay legal.

Hey, what sort of helmets do you guys wear when you drag?

IF U GO TO 66, AND YOUR CAR IS FASTER THAN 14 YOU NEED A HELMET, WHICH IS SNELL APPROVED!!!!! THEY WANT TO SEE IT AND LOOK FOR THE SNELL STICKER. IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A SNELL STICKER (LOOK INSIDE AND LIFT UP THE PADDING) YOUR NOT RACING!!!!!!!! ALSO U CAN'T WEAR SHORTS IF RACING AND NO SLEEVLESS SHIRTS!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT LET U RACE AND THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!! ALSO I FORGOT TO TELL U THAT AFTER MY FIRST RUN I WEIGHED THE CAR AND WITH ME IN IT....3970LBS...LEAD SLED...I WEIGH 210 SO THE CAR'S WEIGH 3760 LBS :eek2:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
kfrey1 said:
IF U GO TO 66, AND YOUR CAR IS FASTER THAN 14 YOU NEED A HELMET, WHICH IS SNELL APPROVED!!!!! THEY WANT TO SEE IT AND LOOK FOR THE SNELL STICKER. IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A SNELL STICKER (LOOK INSIDE AND LIFT UP THE PADDING) YOUR NOT RACING!!!!!!!! ALSO U CAN'T WEAR SHORTS IF RACING AND NO SLEEVLESS SHIRTS!!!!!!! THEY WILL NOT LET U RACE AND THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!! ALSO I FORGOT TO TELL U THAT AFTER MY FIRST RUN I WEIGHED THE CAR AND WITH ME IN IT....3970LBS...LEAD SLED...I WEIGH 210 SO THE CAR'S WEIGH 3760 LBS :eek2:
I was so hoping that you had been broken of that all caps thing you do. oh well. Baby steps right :)

How much gas did you have in the car?

The Snell helmet is an NHRA rule as far as I can tell - all the tracks I look at have that rule as well. Though the shorts and shirts are a per track thing and none of the places out here seem to have that regulation.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
phobos512 said:
I was so hoping that you had been broken of that all caps thing you do. oh well. Baby steps right :)

How much gas did you have in the car?

The Snell helmet is an NHRA rule as far as I can tell - all the tracks I look at have that rule as well. Though the shorts and shirts are a per track thing and none of the places out here seem to have that regulation.

YES BIG GIANT BABY STEPS :gr_jest:
ABOUT 3/4 TANK. :barf: YEA I KNOW......1/4 TANK OR LESS
:gr_jest:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Actually that's an NHRA rule, not Route 66's. Route 66 has to abide by it in order to maintain their NHRA classification.

Weather permitting, I'd be up for it two weeks from now. The best time to go to a Nationals event will be the week after the Nationals though which come at the end of the month. I haven't been racing in some time, so even I may be a little rusty. :D I Think the last time I went, I raced my HD. :D

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Tuesday September 14 - bring your goat to the strip day!!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Perhaps we should post this in the Midwest section too in order to get those that may not venture this way.

·
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tec Line Opens At 4:00 After That It Gets Long Real Quick! I'am Trying To Get The Owner Of The Pontiac Dealership To Bring His Old Gto Down To Drag. Ya Know New Vs Old. It Would Be A Good Time If U Guys Would Come Down. You Guys That Have To Work....tell Your Boss That Your Brother's Car Broke Down And You Have To Go And Pick Him Up. After All, Arn't All Of Us Gto Owners Bros?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I know, this is why I avoid 66 on Tuesday's like the plague!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts