LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Best Buy today and got downloaded on the satellite radio systems. Basically XM vs. Sirius. I'd love to give the nod to GM (Delphi), but after the full product demo and talking to the sales folks, I'm going with Sirius. They're running a deal right now. Portable head unit with car and home adapter + antenna and all cables, $149 installed. Plus through January 04' Sirius has a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION rate of only $399. Unlimited commercial free music for life in the car or at home. Ok I'm in.

:bubbrub

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Question is, how long will Sirius be around! XM pretty much owns the market!

·
Registered
459 Posts
cvp33 said:
Went to Best Buy today and got downloaded on the satellite radio systems. Basically XM vs. Sirius. I'd love to give the nod to GM (Delphi), but after the full product demo and talking to the sales folks, I'm going with Sirius. They're running a deal right now. Portable head unit with car and home adapter + antenna and all cables, $149 installed. Plus through January 04' Sirius has a LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION rate of only $399. Unlimited commercial free music for life in the car or at home. Ok I'm in.

:bubbrub
I have XM in my Buick and my boss has Sirius in his truck. Personally I think that XM beats Sirius hands down. Better music selection and as far as commercials, With XM they are few and far between. I am hoping that for 2005 the GTO will have XM from the factory. If that's the case, I'll retro fit into my 2004!

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
I don't know cvp, did you see the commercial for sirius at the start of Monday Night Football? If you buy sirius, you could win a free car wash by Pamela Anderson.:D Man, she sure looked good in the commercial......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought XM for my wife on here birthday and it works great. The only trouble was figuing out where to mount the Delphi unit. I had to make a custom bracket.

·
BJ is gone....
1,742 Posts
I have had XM for just about a year now. Love it to death. It's my opinion that Sirius is more sports/talk oriented and XM is more music driven. XM's monthly rate is cheaper too. XM definitely has the most subscribers.

·
BJ is gone....
1,742 Posts
GTNTP said:
Bought XM for my wife on here birthday and it works great. The only trouble was figuing out where to mount the Delphi unit. I had to make a custom bracket.
I should show you where I put my Delphi SkiFi unit in my Goat. A little two sided tape and it's perfect. No need to place the antenna on the outside of the vehicle either. Just place it on the rear deck next to one of the speakers. 3 bar reception and much less hassle. :cool:

·
WELCOME TO LAST YEAR!!
166 Posts
I'm still seriously debating getting satellite radio - the question is still XM vs Sirius, I'm glad some here have been able to explain the difference. I definitely want to get it for my Ram since that's what we use for long trips, but I'd like it for the GTO also.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Bad Ash said:
TWO words for ya.... Howard Stern.... Sirius is going to take over very soon.
Don't forget Sirius also has EVERY NFL game. Like sunday ticket for your radio. I'm betting on Sirius even though XM has a larger market, Sirius is developing some good programming.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
If you like NFL and $12.99 get Sirius.

If you like ESPN,ESPN news, Fox Sports, sporting news, college football and basketball, NASCAR, CNN, CNN headline, Fox news, MSNBC, and $9.99 get XM.

Both offer commercial free music.

Sirius is coming back and has signed some good autos now. But from what they are gonna pay Stern you may find that it will be $9.99 extra to get him.

Also look at the stocks of both companies are what they are going for.

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
XM Satellite Radio Hold.
Quotes delayed 15 minutes
Quick Quote Detailed Quote
After Hours: 36.91 Vol 135,489
Last 36.66
Change(%) +1.94 (+5.59%)
High 37.00
Low 35.25
Volume 13.59 Mil
Get Chart StockScouter Rating 10

Sirius Satellite Radio
Quotes delayed 15 minutes
Quick Quote Detailed Quote
After Hours: 6.80 Vol 4.993 Mil
Last 6.71
Change(%) +0.74 (+12.40%)
High 6.95
Low 6.38
Volume 421.6 Mil
Get Chart StockScouter Rating 5

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I've had XM in all my cars since it first came out. Just went with a Sirius unit in my CTS and now GTO. Wouldn't go back to XM for anything. If you're into rock music, like I am, Sirius has WAY more channels for that.

JET

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had XM in my 03 silverado ss and it sucked there were a bunch of channels full of BS all except for tom petty being the dj of deep tracks on Sunday night. Shortly after I got mine connected one of my friends had Sirius installed. For a person who likes their music channels in some kind of relative order Sirius is what you want, if you want a whole lot of channels of which you will only listen to 3 of them go ahead waste your money. No offense to the people who stand by their XM. It was ok I just do not think it was worth the hassel of searching through channels that play some of the most random BS i have ever heard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts