LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car show that is. I participated in a local car show today celebrating our cities 125th b-day and out of 40 cars my baby won THE PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD. :thumbs: The only award given out. I got a ton of compliments on my Cosmos Purple Metallic. :cool: Within about 10 min of showing up my car was surrounded by virtually every entered car owner praising its color, performance, and style. :D So now I'm 1 for 1 and the next show is May 1st sponsered by Sparkle Auto.

·
3,327 Posts
DJ,

I was going to ask you how it went. Stupid work. I got ahold of the GTO club in Wichita, and they have a cruise set up for May 1st, with a car show in McPhearson. Thing is I have to work that weekend too. :mad: Is that the show you are going to?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
40THGTO said:
Car show that is. I participated in a local car show today celebrating our cities 125th b-day and out of 40 cars my baby won THE PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD. :thumbs: The only award given out. I got a ton of compliments on my Cosmos Purple Metallic. :cool: Within about 10 min of showing up my car was surrounded by virtually every entered car owner praising its color, performance, and style. :D So now I'm 1 for 1 and the next show is May 1st sponsered by Sparkle Auto.
Great kill. :thumbs:
That can be just a satistfying as the other kind, sometimes more.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Nice story. :) I have to agree, the '04 GTO gets a lot of attention and I've heard nothing but positive feedback. I've only seen one pic of the Cosmos Purple in this forum and it did look GREAT. Keep her clean and between the ditches. ;)

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Excellent, congrats. I was wondering why i saw a kill posted in the appearance section. :thumbs:

·
Registered
392 Posts
:D Congrats, 40 GTO. I have a Cosmo and the feed back is great. The purple leather real knocks them dead. It seems the purple paint has a pearl tint or a metal flake?? in it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that the show you are going to?[/QUOTE]

No. Actually a local detail shop that sells alot of products online is sponsering this event in Garden City along with a cruise in at Sonic Drive In. When I registered my car I was asked if I put the right year on the form as they didn't realize there was actually an 04 in GC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
COSMO GUY said:
:D Congrats, 40 GTO. I have a Cosmo and the feed back is great. The purple leather real knocks them dead. It seems the purple paint has a pearl tint or a metal flake?? in it.
Your right it does have metal flake and it really shows in the right light!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nikivee said:
Congrats. What were you competing against car wise? Classic cars?
Mostly classics like a 69 Z-28, 70 Mach1, 71 Boss 302,46 Willys,74 Cuda 340,56 Bel air,70 Chevelle, 29 Model A, 75 Laguna S3 etc...... Alot of nice cars.

·
3,327 Posts
I actually have pics of the car at the show, but dont know if I should post them without Dj's permission. Several nice cars at the show next to him.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Congrats!!! Pics would be nice.

·
3,327 Posts
40THGTO said:
Mostly classics like a 69 Z-28, 70 Mach1, 71 Boss 302,46 Willys,74 Cuda 340,56 Bel air,70 Chevelle, 29 Model A, 75 Laguna S3 etc...... Alot of nice cars.
ok, just one pic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Warren said:
ok, just one pic.
Hey Warren you can post them all if youd like. I just got my internet back on line tonight after 2 weeks :thumbs: but I still can not access my e-mail :confused:

·
3,327 Posts
40THGTO said:
Hey Warren you can post them all if youd like. I just got my internet back on line tonight after 2 weeks :thumbs: but I still can not access my e-mail :confused:
Huh? That is typical. I did get an e-mail from you tonight though.
It is too bad that you cannot make the meetup this weekend in Baldwin City. We might have had the opportunity to have the first 2-purple picture.

Here are the rest of DJ's Show Winning Pics:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts