LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got to go out this weekend and have a little fun with the new GTO.
I was out hunting for a few hours and no one wanted to play. On my way home I pull over in a parking lot to check something out. As I am getting ready to pull back out onto the road, just minding my own business, there is a car coming. I am waiting for him to go by. He rolls up really slowly checking my car out. As he rolls up I see that he is driving an '03/'04 M3 convertible. When he starts to go by I accidentally :angel: hit the gas and rev the engine. The guy then stops completely, so I pull up next to him. He is motioning at the road in front of us, a nice 1/2 mile or so straight away. I give him a thumbs up and after three beeps we are off. He pulled about a car length on me from the start do to excessive wheel spin on my part, But once I hit second we were even and 3rd I was gone. When we both shut down I had about 3 car lenghts on him.
I love the smell of steamed kraut!!! :patriot:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Once again only when you are minding your own business they come out......I have noticed that hitting the gas is very accident prone with this car. Congrats on getting to get it out there.
:drink::drink:

·
GO STEELERS!
5,106 Posts
Good stuff, I think it might be harder to get races going from rolls or stops in Germany. The Autobahn seems to be where they like to do some top speed racing.

·
duh
1,214 Posts
Nice kill. :driving:

·
Autobahn Fahrer
2,811 Posts
Hey leggo...the GTO's favorite pastime is "Neckbreaking"

Try it before you change the exhaust. Cruise quietly through neighborhoods and cities when you come up on people...any people bump the gas upto 3g's and see how many "necks" you can break! My wife loves watching the groups and counting broken necks as we pass.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
SyGoat said:
Hey leggo...the GTO's favorite pastime is "Neckbreaking"

Try it before you change the exhaust. Cruise quietly through neighborhoods and cities when you come up on people...any people bump the gas upto 3g's and see how many "necks" you can break! My wife loves watching the groups and counting broken necks as we pass.

That's awesome! :) I love the sound of the GTO's exhaust note, the guys who worked on getting that note did an excellent job.

Just out of curiosity, those of you who have changed your exhaust, what did it do to that classic note? Made it better, worse or what?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice run and nice kill.

Pinski : Changing the OE exhaust does change the character of the car. Having a x pipe allows for better tone than the fbodies IMO. I wish you could max the power with the OE sound. It is sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts