LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got MPG? Yes, it's a diesel.
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I installed a Magnaflow cat-back. It is a little quieter than I was hoping for, but I guess it should get louder with age? Anyhow the thing I really like about this exhaust is the tone. A nice, deep, non-obnoxious sound. :gears:

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
It'll burn in louder in time but really comes alive when you hook it up to a pair of Kooks LTs. I like mine without them being obnoxious also.

Tom.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
+2 on them getting louder with burn in, and they sound fantastic with Kooks LT headers, even with cats, not to bad at idle but loud enough to wake the dead at WOT

·
06 Cyclone Grey M6
18 Posts
Next Mod

RPS06GTO said:
This morning I installed a Magnaflow cat-back. It is a little quieter than I was hoping for, but I guess it should get louder with age? Anyhow the thing I really like about this exhaust is the tone. A nice, deep, non-obnoxious sound. :gears:
I have Kook LT/Hi-Flow cats, K&N CAI, (and the GMM ripshifter street version) and its got nice tones. I also have the predator tuner but am unhappy with it, a dynotune is coming, and a 3.91 rear. See you around Gaithersburg.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Magnaflow does sounds good...a guy up the street from me has one on his daughter's '05 IBM.

Good luck seeing another goat by chance...I never see any when I'm driving mine. Well except for a couple CGMs hold up in their garages and driveways...and the afore mentioned IBM. I tend to see them only when I'm driving my GTP for some reason. And I swear I saw Owe5Goat a couple weekends ago when I was out tuning my GTP last week...was going to pick a friend up in his area to help man the laptop.

I work in Gaithersburg btw....used to live in Germantown in Cinnamon Woods/hoods depending.

·
06 Cyclone Grey M6
18 Posts
Work in Quince Orchard sometimes stop off at the Village Cafe. Stop by and ask for Bill, most people know me (and my car)

·
Got MPG? Yes, it's a diesel.
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright well that makes me feel better that it will get louder. Just passed the 500 mile mark so it's time to start getting more aggressive. :gears:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts