LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All you new Rocky Mountain GTO owners. It is time to start planning for our first RMGTO Event.

This event will take place at Bandimere from 4:00 till 9:00 on Wednesday, September 29th.
Rain date will be Wednesday, October 6th (which is also the last T&T of 2004).

More info on Bandi here…
http://www.bandimere.com/

Gates Open 4:00 pm Time Trials 4:30 pm - 8:45 pm

I am planning to be in line at 3:30.

Who else is planning to make it?

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
Bwaaahahahaaa - I just got done half-assed proposing this in another thread. :D

I'm there, dude. Having a Quicksilver A4, I know I won't be making any peglegged burnouts, but the rest of you are screwed! Mwuhuhahahahaa!

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doric said:
Bwaaahahahaaa - I just got done half-assed proposing this in another thread. :D
HA
I beat you.
Just like I will at Bandi. :gr_jest:

:wall:

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
HA
I beat you.
Just like I will at Bandi. :gr_jest:

:wall:
:secret: I'm going to be gunning for a 14.9, Chuckerino. :bubbrub

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doric said:
:secret: I'm going to be gunning for a 14.9, Chuckerino. :bubbrub
Then I guess I’ll be shooting for a 14.8999999999999

I better start practicing - I know you have been.

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Damn, can't make the 29th. Might shoot for the 6th, though.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
Then I guess I’ll be shooting for a 14.8999999999999

I better start practicing - I know you have been.
Yeah, but you got a leg up on me in the mod department. I might have to do some weight-savings work before then. For damn sure, I'll be lowering the pressure in the rear tires for that night. :cool:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I might bring the charged GTO up to Bandimere. It all depends if I can get work off or not. We need to plan more events outside of the track. Suss Pontiac offered to sponsor our events and host at needed at the dealership. Let me know and I'll talk to the director of new car sales.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
chargedGTO said:
I might bring the charged GTO up to Bandimere. It all depends if I can get work off or not. We need to plan more events outside of the track. Suss Pontiac offered to sponsor our events and host at needed at the dealership. Let me know and I'll talk to the director of new car sales.
Lon? He offered to sponsor our events? He knows about RMGTO already?

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chargedGTO said:
...We need to plan more events outside of the track...
And we will. :)

In fact, you can count on me to suggest/organize at least one Club Event per month.
Some club events you can expect will be Dyno Days, Lunch and a Cruise, Cruise and Pics, Friday night Happy Hour, Car Museum Tour, and anything else I can think of or that you suggest.

BTW – I am currently the Pres of RMCGP (my second term will be up this Jan.). Some, if not most, of the events I will suggest/organize will be closely tied to a RMCGP Event. I will also lurk on the ColoF-Body and the local LS1 forums for ideas for Club events and we will sometimes join in on their events.

Here are some of the local Forums/Sites you might want to check out…

http://rmcgp.clubgp.com/
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tt.asp?appid=10&cookieCheck=968283453
http://coloradof-body.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
http://www.ls1.com/forums/
http://www.coracing.com/forum1/

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
And we will. :)
Yes. Definitely.
RedhotGTO said:
In fact, you can count on me to suggest/organize at least one Club Event per month.
Some club events you can expect will be Dyno Days, Lunch and a Cruise, Cruise and Pics, Friday night Happy Hour, Car Museum Tour, and anything else I can think of or that you suggest.
Sounds great.
RedhotGTO said:
BTW – I am currently the Pres of RMCGP (my second term will be up this Jan.).
I'd like to propose that we not 'elect officials' for RMGTO, and that for the foreseeable future, membership remain free. I'm paying for the site completely out of pocket and will continue to do so for as long as needed. I don't like the direction RMCGP took, frankly. I don't believe in charging for access to the club or its content (is that the word I'm looking for?).

Please let me know if you strongly disagree, Chuck.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Bandi the 29th and Sonic the 17th

Doric -- fwiw - I agree with all of what you said.

Also, I'm hoping to make the 29th. Probably just to watch though -- won't have enough miles to be beating up on her yet :).

Finally, not to hijack the thread and not to suggest an 'official' mtg but instead of starting a whole new thread thought I'd post this here.

If any one's interested/available I'd love some company this Friday night - I'm planning to hit the sonic on Federal near 96th around 6:30 or 7pm. The weather is supposed to be good which means there will probably be a lots of very nice autos to appreciate. Would love to see the SC'd goat and/or hear the MagnaFlows :).

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
Gary, I'll throw that up on the Events Calendar as well. :)

EDIT: it's up there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
WHOA!! another early riser :)
Thanks.

Doric said:
Gary, I'll throw that up on the Events Calendar as well. :)

EDIT: it's up there.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doric said:
I'd like to propose that we not 'elect officials' for RMGTO, and that for the foreseeable future, membership remain free. I'm paying for the site completely out of pocket and will continue to do so for as long as needed. I don't like the direction RMCGP took, frankly. I don't believe in charging for access to the club or its content (is that the word I'm looking for?).

Please let me know if you strongly disagree, Chuck.
I agree.
We are at least a year away from having a Club even large enough to justify 'elected officials'. And without any bills I find it VERY hard to justify a membership fee. I like the 'pay-as-you-go' line of thinking.

BTW - Thanks for covering the cost of the new RMGTO site - very kool. :cool:

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rednred said:
If any one's interested/available I'd love some company this Friday night - I'm planning to hit the sonic on Federal near 96th around 6:30 or 7pm. The weather is supposed to be good which means there will probably be a lots of very nice autos to appreciate. Would love to see the SC'd goat and/or hear the MagnaFlows :).
Hey Gary – Do you mean this one…?

SONIC
9500 NORTH FEDERAL BOULEVARD
FEDERAL HEIGHTS, CO 80221
(303) 426-9722
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=NHg0mep_0TrL_HCd8awYX5W6a.R_Y8rSgt0EbQV6C2EBLjinnw--&csz=denver,+co&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

So directions would be…
Take I-25 to 92nd Ave and head West to Federal BLVD.
Turn North and Sonic will be on the West side one block south of 96th Ave

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep - that would be the one. When the weather's nice it's a great Friday night gathering spot for car nuts. :driving:

Also want to second the KUDOs to Mike for providing 'our' web space.

RedhotGTO said:
Hey Gary – Do you mean this one…?

·
Registered
470 Posts
We'll see if i have to work on Friday and if I don't I'll bring the charged GTO out and say hello at Sonic...

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,432 Posts
rednred said:
WHOA!! another early riser :)
Thanks.
No problem. Work starts for me at 6:30 in the morning and I'm here generally until 6:00pm. I was in an all-day AEC/IS meeting today, and now I get to pick up the pieces of my absence. :banghead:

Being a one-man IT team is getting old... So old...
RedhotGTO said:
I agree.
We are at least a year away from having a Club even large enough to justify 'elected officials'. And without any bills I find it VERY hard to justify a membership fee. I like the 'pay-as-you-go' line of thinking.

BTW - Thanks for covering the cost of the new RMGTO site - very kool. :cool:
I'm glad we see this the same way. I'm a little bitter about some of the things that've happened over the last couple of years, and I'll be buggered if I'm going to contribute to them happening again.
rednred said:
Also want to second the KUDOs to Mike for providing 'our' web space.
I appreciate that, guys. Just trying to do my part and be a part of something special.

You know - always the bridesmaid, never the bride. :rolleyes:

:p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts