LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In honor of hitting 500 miles on my Goat (and completing the dreadded "Stage 1" of the break-in process), I decided to challenge my brother's 2002 Formula to a road race. We lined up, revved up, and floored it (both cars are A4s). I instantly lost all traction as my rear wheels squealed like hell and the rear end began to slide out to the right. After about 3 seconds of this, I finally caught traction and flew out in front of him. His car is modded with a Whisper Lid, K&N filter, and a Corsa exhaust system. Mine's totally stock. I ended up winning, by 2 car lengths, but he claims he had to let off the gas or he would have had no traction at all on his launch. I guess more trials are needed to see who's car is really the faster one, and that's just fine with me! :D

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
More drag than road race. :secret:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but it wasnt at a track, so I figured I'd post it here. Incidently, I went back to the race site and found the tire streaks left behind. DAMN! The GTO left a 50 foot DARK black pair of streaks, and the Forumula left about 80 foot streaks (he has older tires). Now THAT'S POWER!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
You want a nice delivery of power!!! You stomp that LS1 and it will cook those BFGs!

Doc

Nice kill . . .

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks DOC. I don't really consider it a KILL yet becasue we did some runs at speed and he was able to pull on me at times. Next time, I want to hook up early and put him down once and for all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts