LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time ever special – JHP Option 4 GMM Ripshifter (street version)

THIS SPECIAL HAS FINISHED.

Regards,
Mathew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time ever special – JHP Option 4 GMM Ripshifter (street version)

For the first time ever, we are running a special on the quieter version of the super shifter. The GMM Ripshifter – Street version.

We have 29 GMM (Street) Ripshifters currently in stock and for the next 3 weeks we are having a quiet ripshifter sale.

Used by Australian Muscle cars for 4-5 years and now used in GTO’s for over 2 years, this shifter is extremely reliable and effective. It is the leading choice if you are serious about quality performance driving results.

Designed specifically for the G.M. Holden 6 speed range from the ground up as a racing shifter that is street useable, blows away any competitions.

The GMM Ripshifter reduces throw length giving you smooth, ultra quick shifts, helping you with your track times.

The GMM Ripshifter does not have any of the faults of the stock shifter. It has tight gear gates, in close proximity that are easy to find and shift to. After just 10 minutes you too will be changing like a pro.

Never miss 3rd again! With the Patented shifter design that allows effortless 2nd to 3rd shifts. Just push it forward and let the unique spring-loaded design do the work for you.

A correctly installed GMM Ripshifter (street version) gives you the best of both worlds. It gives you the ability to do hard and fast gear changes with complete reliability just like the race version, while at the same time reducing the direct transmission noise that the race version. The GMM Ripshifter street version, is truly the ultimate daily driver shifter.

One of the best things about the RIP shifter is you do not have to concern yourself with having to modify or buy any other parts to make it work with your GTO. It comes supplied with everything you need.

For 3 weeks only*, the GMM Ripshifter – Street version is yours delivered, for only $315 USD.

Never before have we had a special on the street version of the GMM Ripshifter, so get yours now.

Regards,
Mathew.

Set yourself apart from the pack!

*Ends 19th of October, 2006 or while stocks last.

P.S. For those after the Race version, we have that available for $309 USD shipped direct to your door.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What is the difference between the two? What makes the street version quieter? Is there any difference in performance? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 Blue GTO said:
What is the difference between the two? What makes the street version quieter? Is there any difference in performance? Thanks.
Hey 2 Blue GTO.

The difference between the GMM Ripshifter Race and GMM Ripshifter Street is:

Race: Solid shifter shaft provided. Reuses your stock shifter knob.

This version of the GMM Ripshifter is ideal for a good mixed driving. Ie Street and Track.

Downside, is it amplifies any noises within your transmission into your cabin. It is hard to say exactly how loud or quiet it will be as everyone's transmission will be slightly different and the stock shaft/shifter will hide a majority of the noise.

Street: Reuses your stock shifter knob.

Same shfiter base as the race, but instead it reuses your stock shifter shaft and knob.

The benefit of this is the shifter is much quieter than the race version because of the use of the stock shaft.

Also there is no risk of ruining your stock knob and having it vibrate as you do not have to remove the knob from your stock shaft. Therefore also slightly reducing the overall install time.

The street is meant for those that use their GTO predominently on the street. Maybe a day or 2 of track a year.

I hope that clears things up.

Regards,
Mathew.

·
Power/Weight
91 Posts
COUPE 4 said:
FYI - 2 Street shifter have already been purchased.

Regards,
Mathew.
3 :monkee:

Thanx for the Deal!
TroyC

·
Registered
190 Posts
COUPE 4 said:
FYI - 2 Street shifter have already been purchased.

Regards,
Mathew.
Make that 4! Thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
Great deal, wish I could take advantage of it but I bought my street shifter several months ago. But I'm ok with that, since I've now had several months of happy shifting. ;)

·
BOM - code for Metal Pumpkin
1,179 Posts
So does it remove the linkage as the race version does as well?

·
06 Cyclone Grey M6
18 Posts
Thanks, just installed mine on Wed Sept.27, & I don't understand why they aren't part of the stock vehicle. In over 40 years of racing it's the best shifter I have seen or used. A4 people stand by, I think any shift advantage you had is gone

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
JayC'sG said:
So does it remove the linkage as the race version does as well?
Yes, both versions are the exact same shifter and replace the OEM shifter completely. The only difference with the street version is that it includes an additional adapter that allows you to use the stock lever/damper/knob assembly.

·
2005 GTO m6
756 Posts
Is it really hard to install? Can we do it on jack stands in the driveway?

Sam

·
Registered
707 Posts
is the street easier to install. for example do you have to unbolt the few bolts under the car and lower the tranny?

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
bran1093 said:
is the street easier to install. for example do you have to unbolt the few bolts under the car and lower the tranny?
The installation of the shifter itself on the trans is exactly the same, and yes you do have to do all that. The under-car access is for removing/installing both the dust boot and the shifter assembly itself, and has nothing to do with the street/race difference.
The only thing easier about the street is that you can swap over the lever/knob assembly as is without having to remove the knob and re-install it onto a different lever. However if your knob already rattles you may want to do that extra step anyway while you're at it.

·
What??? Next!!!
50 Posts
How Long?

Just ordered mine, how long t'ill it gets here from down under? :burnout:
Sure hope that it's all that & more. Pricey compared to a mustang or camaro/firebird shifters!:bs:

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
Braz'in06 said:
Just ordered mine, how long t'ill it gets here from down under? :burnout:
Sure hope that it's all that & more. Pricey compared to a mustang or camaro/firebird shifters!:bs:
welcome to the GTO side my friend :gr_devil:

·
"YELOJKT"
784 Posts
Does the Street version sit higher than the Race since it uses the stock shaft?

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
It sits in the same position. It is the best!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts