LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made 3 runs. My worst was a 13.14 @107. Best was 12.94 @ 110. 1/8 time for the best was 8.36.

The track was perfect....VERY sticky. I launched by revving up to about 2-3rpm, and then releasing the clutch VERY fast....but not quite dumping it. My last 2 reaction times were a .08 and .09. 60' times were 1.9. I did a quick burnout before the run to clean the trash off the tires, but didnt sit there and smoke them. I did maybe a 2-second burnout.

Temps were high 50's. Altitude was around 700'. Humidity around 50%. I didnt do anything to the air pressure in the tires. T/C was turned off. I took the spare tire and crap out of the trunk, but did have 2 baby seats still strapped in back, so weight was probably offset.

My mods are:
Magnaflow catback exhaust
K&N CAI
GMM Shifter
Bridgestone Potenza RE750's (street tires).

Basically, it is a lightly modded car.

I am very pleased with my times.

·
05 cts-v
9 Posts
good runs. what was your trap speed on the 1/8mile?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this was Rockinghmam.
My MPH in the 1/8 was 84.8.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but yeah it was Rockingham. Those were good runs, man. After the tune next week and the headers down the road, you should be even more pleased.

My best was 12.76 @ 112
Worst : 14.95 @ 103

I kept everything in the car and left the T/C on. I was really pleased myself with my first time ever drag racing.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
baaaad_goat said:
Not to jack the thread, but yeah it was Rockingham. Those were good runs, man. After the tune next week and the headers down the road, you should be even more pleased.

My best was 12.76 @ 112

I kept everything in the car and left the T/C on. I was really pleased myself with my first time ever drag racing.

You ran 12.7 @ 112 mph with the traction control on?

Did you try to make a run with your traction control off. Your car should run faster with it off (if you can hook up without wheel hop).

Just curious.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Of the five runs I made I kept T/C on every run...my worst run...14.95 @ 103 -- major wheel hop issues. I meant to turn it off on some of the runs, but I figured i was doing well enough I'd just leave it on. Now that I'm addicted I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity later on and I can pull some better runs with t/c off.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
baaaad_goat said:
Of the five runs I made I kept T/C on every run...my worst run...14.95 @ 103 -- major wheel hop issues. I meant to turn it off on some of the runs, but I figured i was doing well enough I'd just leave it on. Now that I'm addicted I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity later on and I can pull some better runs with t/c off.
I've heard of a bunch of guys running 13.3s - 13.5s with the TC on, but 12.7 that's fast.

Your 12.7 is the fastest time I've heard of with the TC on. My first time to the track in my 05 M6 GTO, my fastest times were with the TC on. I was also experiencing terrible wheel hop. The TC really helped reduce wheel hop for me. Whenever I turned it off, I got horrible wheel hop and ran terrible 1/4 mile times.
After that day, I went home a practiced the knee jerk launch method ( lift up on the clutch without adding any additional gas, then once moving nail the gas) on a vacant street. Then my next trip to the track, I was able to launch without using the TC (with no wheel hop).

Anyways congrates on such a fast time in pretty much stock GTOs (both of you).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
baaaad_goat said:

My best was 12.76 @ 112

Yeah, I am hoping for good numbers with headers and a tune as well. I think the best part of yesterday was that sticky track though.
My first two runs, I stuck and went. My last run, I had moderate wheel hop through 1st, and some into 2nd, but ran my fastest time.

It would have been nice to see what yours would have done with the T/C off.

Maybe see you again at the track soon. :gears:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Great times for both!!
btrotter.......On the 12.9, pass your mph is somewhat low but I guess because you got a good 60' launch that's to be expected. From the 1/8 to the 1/4 you did pick up a nice mph gain. Maybe that CAI is doing something!

BTW. In you VID of the burnout is that the Magnaflow exhuast on there?? Sounds very nice!

Congrats also on the 12.7 at 112mph. That is low 12's traps!! Keep bringing down the times.

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
Great Times..congrats, and enjoyed the video,looks like you had fun making it.What a blast.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jumbojet said:
Great times for both!!
btrotter.......On the 12.9, pass your mph is somewhat low but I guess because you got a good 60' launch that's to be expected. From the 1/8 to the 1/4 you did pick up a nice mph gain. Maybe that CAI is doing something!

BTW. In you VID of the burnout is that the Magnaflow exhuast on there?? Sounds very nice!

Congrats also on the 12.7 at 112mph. That is low 12's traps!! Keep bringing down the times.
The 60' times were defintely good. The car just lept out of the hole. I am not sure on what a 12.9 normally gets you in mph. This was my first time at the track in the GTO, so I really didnt know what to expect, nor do I know what the average time for my car with my mods are.

In the burnout video, I do have the Magnaflow catback on. I like the sound of it, but think it needs to be louder. Hopefully headers will fix that! :) Oh yeah, that video was incredibly fun making. That was actually the 3rd one of those I did in a row. Notice all the other black marks there already? That was me too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts