LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to US 41 today. After getting a hole in one of the 555R's on the way there we finally made it. I got a total of 10 passes. The last 4 were when someone had a plug and pluged the hole in my tire.
During the last 4 runs, which had the 555R's, i ran a
12.59!!!!!! Way better then what i thought i was able to do, i was guessing a max of 12.85.
My mods are in my SIG.
I cant wait to do it again, it was so fun!!!!!

Thanx to Dan00Hawk for the invite, was a fun time, and also thax for fixing my tire, it helped ALOT...

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
Congrats on the first time out. With more trips and practice, its only going to get better!

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice man! What was your 60' and trap speed?

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was 107.07 MPH and 1.70 for the 60

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
very nice

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best thing is i did not even stall the converter. I just held the brake and then punched it. I tried later stalling to around 2k-2400k and it spun way way too much off the line, so i did not even try the full 3000k-3100k lock up.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
You've got some more in her then!!

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep that what i am thinking. So i am looking at New replacements for the 555r now. Looking at the Nitto NT01 275/35/18. Looks like a more trackable tire but yet just barely street legal. Will probly hook alot better on the track or street then the 555r

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Or you could do 2 drag radials just for the track. That's what I'm doing. That way you're not burning up your street tires. Are you close to Byron or GLD?

·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think i am too far from thoose tracks. People kinda all from around here seem to go to thoose ones alot. I never been to them, so i dont even know where they are.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Both are about an hour and 45 mins away from you. It's supposed to rain and snow next week!

·
F-body owner
1,437 Posts
Congrats on the times Wes! Although I enjoyed winning the one run where we lined up because you were still spinning on street tires... :) Good to see what she could do once you got the DR's put on. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts