LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the first - a run against a GTP, my best of the day a 12.5 @ 110 with a 60-foot of 2.0 - you can hear the wheel hop, I've done better on the 60's. The big guy with the camera is Paul Zazarine, who gave one of the tech talks and is rather famous in the Pontiac world. Hopefully he'll send me one of those pics. :)

Right-click, save-as to view. (6mb)

The other vid will hopefully follow. The best one may be delayed because it's on VHS, but we'll work on it. :)

Enjoy :D .

Padre

Edit: here are the other videos so you won't have to scroll down.

"Objects in mirror may be slower than they appear."

Right-click, save-as to view. (6.7mb)

"We all have bad days."

Rick-click, save-as to view. (2mb)

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Yeah baby! i mean good run :cool:

keep us updated :hail:

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no coness said:
Sounds good... what RPM are you shifting at?
6500 or so. :)

Automatic, of course. ;)

Padre

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
BTW padre i noticed that you use the "D" not 1-2-3.. why?
i noticed that my 0-60 time is way better with 1-2 not D. but ... just tell me why lol

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dark said:
BTW padre i noticed that you use the "D" not 1-2-3.. why?
i noticed that my 0-60 time is way better with 1-2 not D. but ... just tell me why lol
Actually I just put it in "3" not "D". Reason being that the computer is faster than me and I won't need to shift into OD (4th gear, overdrive). :) Seriously, you try to manually shift and you're more likely to over-rev or shift too early. Best thing is just to program the shifts correctly and let the computer do what it's good at. IOW with good programming the computer is going to be faster and more consistent.

Padre

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
padre, what are your mods?

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Are they broadcasting over FM radio or something so you can hear the times?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Your car sounds awesome. Great video as usual. It would be great to mount the camera facing the other lane to see the other car race you.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TprGTO said:
Your car sounds awesome. Great video as usual. It would be great to mount the camera facing the other lane to see the other car race you.
Wait for video 2. :secret: :)

And bengood: yes, they broadcast over FM - helps especially when there's a lot of noise.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mlc said:
Padre, isn't this with your new 17" wheels?
Yep, but I couldn't get traction all day, 60-foot of 2.0 on that run. Plus I was running on 91-octane and altitude was a bit higher than I normally run, so all in all, my times were about what I expected.

I think the line-lock will help once I get it installed.

Padre

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well, I'm little disapointed only because I was hoping you would see improvements with the new wheels. I hope it was just the conditions that day.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I love your videos from the inside!!
:drink::drink:

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, here's the second video. Later, I plan to splice it into another video of the same run taken from the stands.

The title is "Objects in Mirror May Be Slower Than They Appear". :)

The victim was Warren and his Yellow Jacket. His best run of the day. Not my best run of the day, but fun. You can see me go sideways and correct and then Warren slowly fade away in the passenger-side rearview. :cool:

Padre

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
awesome vids padre. your GTO sounds like it is posessed. i hope you know how to "exersise the the demons" haha. great job

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I would like to congratulate Warren on volunteering to be the next victim.
:drink::drink:

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
PadreGTO said:
OK, here's the second video. Later, I plan to splice it into another video of the same run taken from the stands.

The title is "Objects in Mirror May Be Slower Than They Appear". :)

The victim was Warren and his Yellow Jacket. His best run of the day. Not my best run of the day, but fun. You can see me go sideways and correct and then Warren slowly fade away in the passenger-side rearview. :cool:

Padre

Haha - first off, best title ever :)

Definitely not the best run for you tho, I think I heard the announcer say 13.XX to a 14.57? Obviously you were the 13-second run, but I know Warren can do better than that. I followed James down to Rockingham one day this summer and finally ran my GT again after a few small mods - and pulled a [email protected] in a non-PI automatic GT vert. Granted that was with a pair of borrowed DRs, but still.

Practice makes perfect though ;) :D

Just an excuse to keep going back :)

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tails said:
I would like to congratulate Warren on volunteering to be the next victim.
Warren's a good sport. And it gets better.

Here's the 3rd video, this time from the stands. Let's just say Warren missed a shift... or two. :bomb: :gr_jest:

Rick-click, save-as to view. (2mb)

Padre

1 - 20 of 32 Posts