LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally did it. Got my Zaino overnight which surprised the hell out of me. Their shipping is great. Big thumbs up to those guys.
I had the day off today and it was rather nice out. Started at about 10:30 and finished up at about 1:45. My arms feel like they are going to fall off right about now.
Here are some pics:

Off street parking:ftw:

·
peeeel'n
434 Posts
Wow, your goat looks great!!!

Now that you are an expert, wanna come over and do mine? :)

...can you build a fence around your car? or maybe hire an armed gaurd...:secret:

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
thar u go!!!!!!!!!!!! thats whut im tawkin bout!!!!! LOL

great job... from now on, extra coats and touch up are a piece of cake....

thats the way i like to see a black car ;)

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to hit it again next week when I have some more time off. It's amazing how well it turned out.
I definatly got more stares yesterday than I've had in a long time while driving the goat.
I found a climate controlled place to store the car this winter. It's probably headed there next month. I'm going to have to find something to help with the withdrawl I'll experience.
Wolfdogs my goat just wants to look like yours when it grows up...lol
BTW My arms feel much better this morning.

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
WOW!! Looks awesome!! I've got 24 coats on mine and it does get easier. and you won't believe it, but the shine really does get deeper each time you use it.

:D

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lisatw151 said:
WOW!! Looks awesome!! I've got 24 coats on mine and it does get easier. and you won't believe it, but the shine really does get deeper each time you use it.

:D
I'm glad to hear that all my aches and pains will pay off even more. :)

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
Pardon my ignorance about Zaino, but can't you apply it with an orbital and save some hours and arms?

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's more fun to use elbow grease at this point. Then again I could be a glutton for punishment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
littlemissGTO said:
It's more fun to use elbow grease at this point. Then again I could be a glutton for punishment.
I would have to agree with you. :) The initial prep and application is exhausting, but oh so worth it! So far I've done our GTO, Darrin's Grand Prix and a friend from work paid me to do her car. I'm planning to tackle Darrin's '69 Camaro RS/SS this weekend and another friend from work wants me to do her car in a couple of weeks. I know, I'm obsessed! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
nhra_ta said:
I would have to agree with you. :) The initial prep and application is exhausting, but oh so worth it! So far I've done our GTO, Darrin's Grand Prix and a friend from work paid me to do her car. I'm planning to tackle Darrin's '69 Camaro RS/SS this weekend and another friend from work wants me to do her car in a couple of weeks. I know, I'm obsessed! :)

A little bit,lol.Now if I could just get you to do my dually,lol.I'll take you to McDonald's!:)

Lookin' quite sharp LittleMiss!

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like they mixed in some cocaino in the Zaino, lol!

·
Gimp Fo Lyfe!
10,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
superstreet said:
Thank you Superstreet.
Looks like another washing and another coat will be due on Sunday. Taking the goat for a long drive on some backcountry roads this weekend.

Keep the cocaino in the Zaino comments on the DL.:secret: We don't need no stinking investimagations going on. Then again that's probably why some of the stuff smells really good.:drink:

·
Registered
89 Posts
superstreet said:
A little bit,lol.Now if I could just get you to do my dually,lol.I'll take you to McDonald's!:)

You have no room to talk, you're just as bad as I am about having clean cars. Besides, I don't hear you complaining about having nice shiny cars to drive. :)

Um, there will be an agreement in writing prior to any detailing of that big a$$ dually that dinner will be at the restaurant of my choice. Right now I'm thinking Bella Milano sounds good. :cool: :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
littlemissGTO said:
Thank you Superstreet.
Looks like another washing and another coat will be due on Sunday. Taking the goat for a long drive on some backcountry roads this weekend.

Keep the cocaino in the Zaino comments on the DL.:secret: We don't need no stinking investimagations going on. Then again that's probably why some of the stuff smells really good.:drink:
We need to get a group of shiny goats together for photo op with all the leaves changing colors. :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
littlemissGTO said:
Thank you Superstreet.

LMAO!!!!!!!!! So true about the smells,lol.The tire dressing smells too,like bubblegum,lol. Where do you cruise the country roads? We cruise from old 94 in St.Charles to Hardin,Il and Pere Marquette.There's usually some good photo opportunities. :) Maybe we can get some poeple together and cruise sometime. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts