LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bcm took a crap a few months ago and i had been trying to figure out a way not to have to pay GM $1000 for a new one and anoter $400 to program it plus get new keys... i talked to so many people but no one knew how to actually "clone" a used bcm from the junk yard. I was so frustrated and and jus shit out of luck as i refused to pay GM $1400.

Well i finally found the answer...

A place online called G7 Computers. They gaurantee they'll fix any computer (bcm, pcm, ecu ect) thats listed on their approved list of auto makes, and send it back the same day... for $200.

Looked too good to be true... I sent my $200 thru paypal up front and shipped them my BCM. In about 3 days i get a response... they have recieved the bcm, fixed it, and had it back in the mail with a tracking number. Got it back a few days later, popped it in, and my goat fired right up for the first time in months!!! Full communication with the bcm and gauge cluster is back, full control over locks, windows is back, and no alarm blaring at my when i try to turn it over.

SO IF U HAVE A BAD BCM SEND IT TO G7 COMPUTERS FOR $200 and GET YO SHIT FiXED

Www.g7computers.com

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the actuall email response they sent me:

"The computer you sent here has been repaired. There was a hardware failure on the board. Usually when the computer fails, so does another part on the vehicle, and if all the damaged parts on the vehicle are not replaced at the same time, then the original problem may still exist, or even cause damage again to the computer (which is not covered under warranty, as stated in the Terms and Conditions on the website) and/ or vehicle. Anything electrically related to the symptoms with the vehicle should be checked. It could not be determined if the fault was a result of a short circuit in the vehicle or a manufacturer's defect because the vehicle was not here for inspection. Your computer was shipped back out within one business day after it arrived here (as stated in the Terms and Conditions, "one day" is defined as shipping out by the end of the following business day that the computer is received here from the customer).

Please let me know if you have questions.
Thank you."

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Score one for the little guy giving the big, bad dealership the finger. :fawkdance

Thanks for sharing.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,021 Posts
Looks like the price is now $225 for Pontiacs. Good job ruining it for everyone else with the price increase thanks to your positive experience and giving back to the GTO community and providing useful details for your recommendation. They clearly caught wind of your endorsement. :bunny:

:high5:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for finding this company and testing them out.

I had a used BCM cloned and it worked, luckily.

I'll definitely be sending G7 my original BCM to repair.

·
CCGTO
1,020 Posts
Great find! Thanks for sharing!

So here's a question. A couple years ago, my car would not even click when you put the key in and turned it. Long story short, my buddy went in and turned ALL the security off via HPTuners. Now the car starts/runs perfect, but the key will not unlock the doors/trunk and the lock stays flashing on dash when your driving. Could this be a bad BCM?

Sorry to semi-thread jack. Trying to figure out if it's worth sending my BCM in or not.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Great find good Job

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great find! Thanks for sharing!

So here's a question. A couple years ago, my car would not even click when you put the key in and turned it. Long story short, my buddy went in and turned ALL the security off via HPTuners. Now the car starts/runs perfect, but the key will not unlock the doors/trunk and the lock stays flashing on dash when your driving. Could this be a bad BCM?

Sorry to semi-thread jack. Trying to figure out if it's worth sending my BCM in or not.
Could be the BCM. I had those same symptoms except my drivers side door lock worked.
However I would wonder if it's just the security settings. Does the BCM control the security system?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My bcm took a crap a few months ago and i had been trying to figure out a way not to have to pay GM $1000 for a new one and anoter $400 to program it plus get new keys... i talked to so many people but no one knew how to actually "clone" a used bcm from the junk yard. I was so frustrated and and jus shit out of luck as i refused to pay GM $1400.

Well i finally found the answer...

A place online called G7 Computers. They gaurantee they'll fix any computer (bcm, pcm, ecu ect) thats listed on their approved list of auto makes, and send it back the same day... for $200.

Looked too good to be true... I sent my $200 thru paypal up front and shipped them my BCM. In about 3 days i get a response... they have recieved the bcm, fixed it, and had it back in the mail with a tracking number. Got it back a few days later, popped it in, and my goat fired right up for the first time in months!!! Full communication with the bcm and gauge cluster is back, full control over locks, windows is back, and no alarm blaring at my when i try to turn it over.

SO IF U HAVE A BAD BCM SEND IT TO G7 COMPUTERS FOR $200 and GET YO SHIT FiXED

Www.g7computers.com
Did you happen to have a problem with your window wipers not working?

·
Registered
306 Posts
need help , sent bcm to g7, this was response

The computer you sent here was unable to be repaired. A pin-out test was performed, and it was determined that the damage is too extensive for repair, as the fault was traced back to the main chip, which can not be repaired or replaced. Your refund has been issued (minus the $25 diagnostic fee) and takes a few business days to go through, just like any credit card transaction. Your computer was shipped back out within one business day after it arrived here (as stated in the Terms and Conditions, "one day" is defined as shipping out by the end of the following business day that the computer is received here from the customer).

Before leaving any reviews, please allow us a chance to resolve any problems, and we will.

Thank you.

·
1 of 262
10,312 Posts
need help , sent bcm to g7, this was response

The computer you sent here was unable to be repaired. A pin-out test was performed, and it was determined that the damage is too extensive for repair, as the fault was traced back to the main chip, which can not be repaired or replaced. Your refund has been issued (minus the $25 diagnostic fee) and takes a few business days to go through, just like any credit card transaction. Your computer was shipped back out within one business day after it arrived here (as stated in the Terms and Conditions, "one day" is defined as shipping out by the end of the following business day that the computer is received here from the customer).

Before leaving any reviews, please allow us a chance to resolve any problems, and we will.

Thank you.
Buy a new BCM and 2 new fobs. Rockauto has a new BCM listed for 2004 GTO and Eric has new fobs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts