LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I’m spinning the Procharger beyond it’s max recommended impeller speed I wanted to give it some extra support. The Procharger bracket can potentially flex so I fabricated a brace for it.

Tig up the chromoly tube to the threaded ends, a little file work to clean them up, and paint to finish it up.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Always waiting for a kit to be offered. Id like one. Doubt mine is flexing though. This an older gen version that still needs to be added to the oiling system or self contained newer gen? Also is that a 3.4 pulley then?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just put a turbo and you wont have that belt slippage problem......

I kid, I kid....you can beat me and my turbo anyways.....

for now.....:unsure:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Head unit is the little D1x. I'm spinning it a little beyond it's max recommended impeller speed at my shift of over 7050 rpm. I haven't noticed any signs of belt slip even with the blower maxed out. I did have a hunch that there was some flex in the blower mount so I decided to give it some extra support.

Boost climbs steadily all the way up like it should with a procharger although the boost gain is slowing by the time I reach my shift point. I think this is just a sign the blower is about maxed out.

Self contained oiling and even maxed out IAT's are super low.

Have no idea what it's making now for power. 377 at 10.5 to 1 static compression ratio with 18 psi on 50% ethanol 17.5 peak timing.

I'm thinking after this year it might be making the switch to full race, but it's very fun on the street right now.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made a new design which I like better and works well...Just a cheap 110 flux core welder. I've got to get 220 in the garage so I can step up to a tig setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts