LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.paintscratch.com/

Excellent source for OEM paints in a pen for doing touch up work. I havent heard anyone here speak of this site and none of sponsors to my knowledge offer a competing product so hopefully this wont get locked or erased. Just wanted to pass on the info.

Just enter in your cars info and it will give you color options by their actual names and codes in case you lost your code. (some cars just have a little paint code tag pc of paper floating around under the trunk mat)

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
well we care lol it's just so hard to do a good job with those things. i've tried. you gotta be perfect. and have to have some tools.

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Yeah, they are hard to do right... it takes some skill to avoid having a big blob of touch-up paint where the scratch used to be. I had a paintless dent guy doing some door dings recently, and he handled some scratches for me. First, he used laquer thinner to get my blobs off. Then he took a tiny square of wet sandpaper (bottled water...nothing but the best for the Goat) and wetsanded the scratch and a little of the surrounding area. He'd hit it with a few quick strokes, enough to leave a the clear opaque and dull. Then he'd hit it with polishing compound.

Each time, the clear came right back and the scratch was less prominent. He repeated this a few times, mainly so that he didn't accidently sand through the clear into the color. His concern with wetsanding is that you never know how much clear is on the car, so you want to move very slowly and carefully. But he was able to completely eliminate several scratches, including one that was pretty deep and about 12" long.

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would only really use this on chips like on the front end of the car from stones and debris on the highway. Scratches are handled differently. I shoulda worded the title a little bit better. With fixing the chips in the front it works MUCH better than trying to fill a tiny hairline scratch.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
yeah that would probably be a good idea. i have A LOT of chips on the front of my car. probably would be a smart thing for me to try and fix them after i clay my car and before i put wax on.

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jamesbiz said:
yeah that would probably be a good idea. i have A LOT of chips on the front of my car. probably would be a smart thing for me to try and fix them after i clay my car and before i put wax on.
Dude, four months a member and approaching 1,600 posts? Is that even possible?:bunny:

Anybody know what this stupid bunny means with a pancake on its head?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts