LS1GTO Forums banner

FJO controller Q - Problem

474 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Nmbr1GMfan 
#1 ·
Anyone with the FJO controller have a problem with the Com ports? My device manager shows that the controller is on Com 10 and it's ready to go but when I launch the FJO program it tells me that Com 10 is in use and to select another port. Anyone run into this problem?

TIA,

Mark

#3 ·
I had problems with mine, it wasn't making sense to me. I ended up starting my laptop with the cables all hooked up, and it worked fine. Maybe just me though.

#4 ·
Nmbr1GMfan said:
I had problems with mine, it wasn't making sense to me. I ended up starting my laptop with the cables all hooked up, and it worked fine. Maybe just me though.[/QUOTE

Hey! Didn't you mount your controller under the hood? If so, how did you program it for WOT? On a dyno or did you do it before you did the final install? Also, how did you get the plumbing installed for the purge under your hood? Did you remove the hood insulator or just shove everything underneath with it still on?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

#5 ·
barkingspud said:
Nmbr1GMfan said:
I had problems with mine, it wasn't making sense to me. I ended up starting my laptop with the cables all hooked up, and it worked fine. Maybe just me though.[/QUOTE

Hey! Didn't you mount your controller under the hood? If so, how did you program it for WOT? On a dyno or did you do it before you did the final install? Also, how did you get the plumbing installed for the purge under your hood? Did you remove the hood insulator or just shove everything underneath with it still on?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
I mounted my controller underhood. unplug solonoids and turn key on and arm system to do WOT adjustment. I couldn't get the insulator off so I worked it undeneath. Check all my posts, my install is documented fairly well. TODD

#6 ·
Nmbr1GMfan said:
barkingspud said:
I mounted my controller underhood. unplug solonoids and turn key on and arm system to do WOT adjustment. I couldn't get the insulator off so I worked it undeneath. Check all my posts, my install is documented fairly well. TODD
So, you did the WOT adjustment without moving the car? just arm the system and floor it (with the selenoids disconnected)? I'll check your posts.....

Thanks again!

Mark

#7 ·
barkingspud said:
Nmbr1GMfan said:
So, you did the WOT adjustment without moving the car? just arm the system and floor it (with the selenoids disconnected)? I'll check your posts.....

Thanks again!

Mark
Yes, if the key is on and n2o armed the adjustments to the FJO unit can be made no prob. just by holding your accelerator pedal down so the controller can get in sync with the voltage from the TB.

#8 ·
Nmbr1GMfan said:
barkingspud said:
Yes, if the key is on and n2o armed the adjustments to the FJO unit can be made no prob. just by holding your accelerator pedal down so the controller can get in sync with the voltage from the TB.
Worked like a charm! I actually did it right after I posted the question back to you. I figured I'd just try it, what;s the worse that could happen?!?!

As far as the purge, I think I'm going the easy way and just routing it through the front grills.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.